Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OKAY, time for A NEW NATIONAL ANTHEM for scoli survivors ...this is for the SUMMER!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OKAY, time for A NEW NATIONAL ANTHEM for scoli survivors ...this is for the SUMMER!

I've decided that ALL our best collective minds should come up with some sort of song or diddy that we can carry to our idividual bathrooms after the procedure of scoli surgery considering our limitations and all the holidays coming up in July.

We can enourage ourselves to hobble to various outhouses, public restroom, etc. with our own little Scoli anthem that will encourage us to GET THERE and do our business (when it actually may take some TIME) when we'd really rather be home.

But, who wants to miss children, fireworks, picnics and some not so bad alcoholic beverages, hmmmm??????

I mean...sort of the National Anthem of back surgery recovery, and the OBVIOUS consequence:

"Oh say can you see? The turtle peeking out...
    What we so strived to accomplish...and the fiber water fights.....

The bombs bursting inside....which so proudly we know, are a true measure of our recovery.....

"O'r the ramparts red glare, on national holiday...
    Instead.....we sit. Looking vainly for Ben Franklin's aid to constipation....

OUr familys are BBQing....our kids are full of chlorine...our Husbands are Drunk and we fight to just poop....

Oh say this is a miserable way for the maker of great macoroni salad....for the land of the Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (as in stool) and the home of the Brave............

PLease jump in anytime and make corrections or leave me out in the open for the buzzards to pick my eyes out.

Okay, it's lame...just a minor attempt at humor. Pretty minor...but don't hold it against me. I have effin A/P surgery on Monday with THREE (count 'em THREE) entrances. May God help me me do my business!

OH, and 3 glasses of wine tonight. Methinks God will understand.
    Last edited by Chihuahua Mama; 06-14-2008, 05:16 PM.
    Susan
    XLIF/Posterior Surgery 6/16/08. Fused T10-L5 in CA by Dr. Michael Kropf (don't go there unless it's simple, I hear he's at Cedar's now). Very deformed, had revision w/5 PSO's, rods from T-3 to sacrum including iliac screws, all posterior, 5/23/16 with Dr. Purnendu Gupta of Chicago.

Owner of Chachi the Chihuahua, So Cal born and bred, now a resident of 'Chicagoland' Illinois. Uh, dislike it here....thank God there was ONE excellent spine surgeon in this area.

Oh, sweetie, I'm so sorry! My intent was not to give you just one more thing to worry about (like you don't have enough already) I was simply having a pity party and invited you all along. Please forgive me if I have in ANY way added to your anxiety.

HOWEVER, that has to be one of the funniest things I've ever read! Please forgive me for being graffic but I' m sitting in the hospital bathroom-waiting-and I'm laughing hysterically! My husband thinks I've totally lost it this time! You, my dear, are a poet!

I have got to get my laptop tomorrow because I'm trying to do this on my phone and it's just not easy. When I get it tomorrow I'll post more.
    Last edited by skoshi314; 06-14-2008, 10:43 AM. Reason: It made NO sense in places!
    Becky, 46 years old
    Diagnosed at 13 with mild scoliosis
    Ignored until 448/07
    Left thoracic 49* T5-T11
    Right thorocolumbar 60* T11-L4
    Surgery Monday, June 9, 2008 Oklahoma Spine Hospital
    Fused T-10 to L-5
    14 titanium pedicle screws
    Corrected to approx. 10* YEA!!!
    Email

Comment

ROFL!!! I even caught myself humming the tune along with the lyrics....lol
      I can't top your song.

Comment

Bwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!

Susan ... you missed your calling. I'm just not sure where - LMAO!

(I'll get back to you on that)

While the anthem was great, I actually CHOKED, laughing, when I got to "PLease jump in anytime and make corrections or leave me out in the open for the buzzards to pick my eyes out.".

Once again, I'm reassured you're going to do juuuust fine ... and PWI (Posting While Intoxicated) is WAY allowed in the near pre-op - LOL!

Love ya,
        Pam
        Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
        AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
        Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
        Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
        EMAIL ME

Comment

oh my gosh....

I have some advice for anyone closely approaching surgery who has decided to succumb to any sort of substance to aid in their anxiety....

STAY AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER. DO NOT POST ANYTHING YOU WILL BE EMBARRASSED FOR LATER. And if you do? At least make sure it rhymes.

This is speaking from one who didn't! Oh well, glad it gave a laugh. BTW, for anyone wondering about the macaroni salad reference, I make awesome macaroni salad on the 4th of July and was in mourning for the fact that I won't do that this year.

Sheesh
          Susan
          XLIF/Posterior Surgery 6/16/08. Fused T10-L5 in CA by Dr. Michael Kropf (don't go there unless it's simple, I hear he's at Cedar's now). Very deformed, had revision w/5 PSO's, rods from T-3 to sacrum including iliac screws, all posterior, 5/23/16 with Dr. Purnendu Gupta of Chicago.

Owner of Chachi the Chihuahua, So Cal born and bred, now a resident of 'Chicagoland' Illinois. Uh, dislike it here....thank God there was ONE excellent spine surgeon in this area.

Comment

Skoshi...

Originally posted by skoshi314
            HOWEVER, that has to be one of the funniest things I've ever read! Please forgive me for being graffic but I' m sitting in the hospital bathroom-waiting-and I'm laughing hysterically! My husband thinks I've totally lost it this time! You, my dear, are a poet!
            Skoshi, of all the times I hope to give you a good laugh, in the bathroom just makes my day. I'm glad you enjoyed it - your hubby will just think it's the pain meds - don't worry about it.

Get well soon, m'dear.

Soon we'll be comparing war stories!
            Susan

Comment

Originally posted by Chihuahua Mama
              Skoshi, of all the times I hope to give you a good laugh, in the bathroom just makes my day. I'm glad you enjoyed it - your hubby will just think it's the pain meds - don't worry about it.

Get well soon, m'dear.

Soon we'll be comparing war stories!
              Heck Susan, don't worry about it! God knows what I'll be posting when it's my time. You will be in my thoughts tomorrow. I hope you get a good night's sleep.

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
              Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
              Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
              Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
              Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Hi Susan,

You have a GREAT sense of humor!

I'm sending a cyberhug your way and wishing you all the best on your upcoming "straightening".

We'll be thinking of you...

Take care,
                ca-native (daughter had surgery)

Comment

Thank you to everyone

I'm actually doing pretty good tonight - packing's done, I ate a HUGE meal at my favorite seafood place (halibut and chips and clam chowder) and am just waiting for the extremely OVERDUE anesthesiologist to call.

It's 9:25 pm and still no call. I think that's very rude, but then again, he's in charge of the gas tomorrow, so I probably won't say anything. I'll take my phone to bed with me but if he catches me under the influence of ambien? then it's his bad, not mine.

So there.

I feel very, very positive. Thank you to my positive friends and you know who you are!

See ya on the other side
                  Susan

Comment

Working...
                  X