My Story so far...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Story so far...

I've been a member here for a few months now but I have been extremely busy with everything so just thought I'd properly introduce myself.
    I'm Alyssa (you can call me Lyssie if you like) I'm 19 and live in Guildford.
    I was 11 when I was diagnosed with Scoliosis and Pectus Excavatum. I only saw a general orthopeadic Dr at my local hospital untill I had stopped growing and she didn't know why the Scoliosis was still getting worse. So she sent me to Mr Khai Lam in London (the private London Bridge Hospital) who is a Consultant Spinal Surgeon. So when I was 17 I had anterior fusion with instrumentation at T11-L3!

Earlier this year in January, I had a Ravitch procedure to correct the Pectus Excavatum and was discharged from my Thoracic Surgeons care. But recently my chest has sadly sunken back in again so I am due to see the Thoracic surgeon on monday (16th).

Now... on Monday (16th) I'm also having Facet Joint Injections and Nerve Root Injections for pain in my spine under my fusion and sciatica. I get so much pain and it frustrates me a lot! So... I just hope these injections work and I hope there is something my Thorcic surgeon can do for my re-sunken chest.

Thanks for hearing me out,
    Oh and I dont know who else I know on here but I know toni, she's great!

Take care, Lyssie xx

Welcome, Lyssie!

I'm glad you found the forum and are now posting. It sounds like you've been having a quite a time with your scoli adventure... I am so sorry you are experiencing pain and have your chest sunken in again. How terribly frustrating for you! I hope you get some good information at your appointment on Monday on what can be done now to correct this-- and that the injections do the trick with the pain you've been having. Keep us posted. Take care, Susie
    71 and plugging along... but having some problems
    2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
    5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
    Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
    CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
    10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Thanks for your reply Susie, xx

My fingers are crossed that the injections will ease my pain and that Miss King (my Thoracic surgeon) can do something for me!

xx

Comment

Working...
      X