Just got it :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got it :(

Hey everybody! I am new here and am 12 and almost 1/2 (June 30th). I was Diagnosed in January with a 10 T and a 20 L. But after a few months, I had a 15T and 25 L (the time when they start bracing! ). I was given a boston brace last friday and can already say POOP. I am still getting into it but I'm doing keyboarding during summer school and my back gets so sore by thaat 4 hr period!!! I Hate it, any advise???

just continue wearing it...

I know, right now it sucks. it really does. but once you get used to it, it really improves. nothing can compare to being w/o a brace, but you just have to keep wearing it. my parents set up a system that while I was weaning into the brace, if I was wearing it, I could do whatever I wanted, watch TV play on the computer, etc. good luck!!
    Hey, so I'm Rebecca, I'm 20 and I wore a Boston Brace for one year, and then a Cheneau brace for 5+ years. The Cheneau changed my life. I now am out of brace full time!!!! Its amazing. For all my scoli-girls (and guys of course) hang in there - the day you get your brace off is the best feeling ever. All the years of wearing it won't matter when that day comes. amo vobis!

"DUX FEMINA FACTI (The leader of the deed was a WOMAN!)"
    -Virgel

Comment

Working...
    X