Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else out there?

Hello!
    This is actually Ciera's Mom, she is at Bible Camp right now. Ciera has had Juvenile Ideopathic Scoliosis since she was 7. She is now almost 11. She has worn a TLSO brace all of this time. She has done a great job at wearing it almost 24 hours a day she does have her hard times.

Ciera does not know anyone who has scoliosis or wears a brace. She is big into her friends and emailing and I know she would love to hear from you if you are out there and her story sounds a bit like yours!

I read some of your posts and it would be so good for her to have someone to talk to about wearing a brace.

She will be back from camp on Friday. It would be neat if she could hear from you.

Thanks!
    Mom

Hi i'm Rebecca. I'm thirteen and I just got my brace last october, but I'd be glad to talk to your daughter anyhow. I can relate to 11yr olds, cause my sister is 11. She is also at bible camp and returning friday!

let me know

rebecca
    ~~Rebecca, 15 years old, 10th grade~~
    I was braced for 2 years and 4 months
    I went through 3 Boston Braces
    Original curve~34*
    Curve in 1st Brace~9*
    Curve in 2nd Brace~14*
    Curve in 3rd Brace~27*
    Curve after bracing~34*

Comment

Hi Rebecca, Thanks for writting! Ciera will probably not have time to sit at the computer until Sunday or maybe even Monday. We will see. We are heading out to the lake.

She will be happy to hear from you and I know she will write back.

Comment

that's great!
        she does know, however, that I dont have the same type of scoliosis, but I'd still talk to her!
        Which camp is she attending??
        ~~Rebecca, 15 years old, 10th grade~~
        I was braced for 2 years and 4 months
        I went through 3 Boston Braces
        Original curve~34*
        Curve in 1st Brace~9*
        Curve in 2nd Brace~14*
        Curve in 3rd Brace~27*
        Curve after bracing~34*

Comment

cool

well Rebecca i'm glad i'm not the ONLY one having my friends and family signing my brace at first i thought i was a really dumb idea but now i have ALOT of signatures but the only bad thing is that every week i have to take it off and retrace everyones signature well g2g bye ~Sammie~

Comment

Hi! I'm Carole, and I'm 14 years old. I've had my TLSO brace for almost 2 and a half years now. I would love to talk to Ciera about wearing a brace. I bet she can help me with a lot of brace issues, since she's had hers for longer. It would be really good for me to have someone to talk to about my brace. I try to never care that it makes me different, but sometimes it just feels like the world's caving in on me, and it's just one more thing complicating my life. I guess that's part of adolescence in a back brace... Has Ceira named her back brace. I find that helps. Mine's Yum-Yum, and my old one was Nanki-Poo. Feel free to send me a private message or email me at donkeemagic@yahoo.com

Much love,
            Carole
            ~Carole~
            Used to have an S curve of 55 and 55, but now I'm...
            STRAIGHT-SPINED AND HAPPY!!!
            Surgery July 11th went well, and I'm recovering now!
            Feel free to email me--I'm a bracing and surgery veteran and I love to talk!

Comment

Working...
            X