Moved "Nonsense" thread from kids secion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moved "Nonsense" thread from kids secion

I moved this from the kids "Other" section for obvious reasons...

Susie*Bee wrote: "You [Pam] have a wealth of knowledge and I'll be the first one to say right now "thanks" for sharing it. I know you have helped many people. I do appreciate the information that you bring to the forum, but at the price some of us pay in tension and stress, I don't know that it's worth it. You have bullied many people into leaving the forum, and although I am not as strong as you are, I am not going to leave just because you so obviously do not like me."

I just wanted to speak to this as someone who was mistaken about Pam originally but who has come to see her as one of the more valuable contributors here. Although Pam writes clearly and concisely, I nevertheless got the wrong impression early on. I have since re-read her posts and see the fault was mine. I have apologized to Pam in a PM but I will do so publicly now also.

Also, in re running people off, you need to consider how many kids of non-Christian faiths might have been run off or just felt too uncomfortable in the kids section. We'll never know how many kids didn't stay for that reason.

Susie*Bee wrote: "Threats? I am thin-skinned and fragile when I am attacked, so this is taking quite a lot out of me to do. Even now, my heart is beating very fast and I pretty sure I will be blasted by you and probably some of your friends."

Please try to cowboy up. For your own sake.

sharon
    Last edited by Pooka1; 06-02-2008, 04:50 PM.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Originally posted by Pooka1
    I just wanted to speak to this as someone who was mistaken about Pam originally but who has come to see her as one of the more valuable contributors here. Although Pam writes clearly and concisely, I nevertheless got the wrong impression early on. I have since re-read her posts and see the fault was mine. I have apologized to Pam in a PM but I will do so publicly now also
    I did not get the wrong impression early on. My first impression was that she’s a very insecure and explosive individual. I would not hesitate to say she’s frightening. She’s easily provoked into confrontation and desperately tries to garner attention. Why else would she post a picture of herself with her “fake” boobs hanging out? Only someone who is so insecure takes delight in humiliating and bullying. And while we all have our failings and shortcomings, I’ve never seen an apology from her for all the insults and accusations she’s flung around at others. She certainly has you mystified. My impression stands firm.

Comment

Originally posted by CHRIS WBS
      She certainly has you mystified.
      Perhaps you mean mesmerized? I'm not mystified by Pam though I might be a little mesmerized.

I'll tell you what mystifies me.... that an adult can believe intercessory prayer works. Pony up the peer-reviewed articles if you think it does.

sharon

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

CHRIS WBS you have got to be kidding. I think you are jealous of the fact that she is not only knowledgeable, helpful and encouraging. But she speaks her mind and from her heart. If that is called "explosive" in your world so be it. It is called confidence in mine and I suffer from the same ailment. Actually there are quite a few of us on this forum who are just sick of the crap being posted by some and are calling them on it.

BTW where is the name of the Dr. you were claiming to have told you this surgery is 2nd to amputation......Hmmmm??!!

The fact that you mention her looks SCREAMS to me your insecurities. No one bashed your looks when you posted your prim and proper posed picture.

If you only knew how you come across to us...... I think you are the one who owes people apologies. For all the scare tactics and negativity you continue to post here I hope you don't expect much support when you have your surgery.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzy
          For all the scare tactics and negativity you continue to post here I hope you don't expect much support when you have your surgery.
          I'll be praying for her.

But seriously, after seeing how much my horse has recovered through the power of no prayer whatsoever, I'll offer to NOT pray for her so she can recover also.

sharon

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Well said Sharon!

Comment

Thanks, Sharon

I appreciate that you moved this off the adolescent site. I was trying to figure out how to ask the moderator to move the adult posts from this thread but to leave Lexi's original thread and kid replies there... you solved the problem, so thanks.

Anyone tuning in late and wondering what this is all about can go to this link:http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...6&page=1&pp=15

I know there are many people who are concerned for Chris and her upcoming surgery. I will be praying for her. Sharon-- I will try to respond to your statement concerning prayer soon. I think you don't understand it very well.
              71 and plugging along... but having some problems
              2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
              5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
              Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
              CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
              10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Originally posted by Susie*Bee
                Sharon-- I will try to respond to your statement concerning prayer soon. I think you don't understand it very well.
                That's for sure. I suggest nobody does. I'll look forward to the explanation.

sharon

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

NO ONE on this forum deserves to be trashed. Period.

Grow up, people.
                  Chris
                  A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
                  Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
                  Post-op curve: 12 degrees
                  Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

Originally posted by Singer
                    Grow up, people.
                    HEY! That's *MY* argument.

Get your own.

sharon
                    Last edited by Pooka1; 06-02-2008, 07:48 PM.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

I've not had the time recently to even check the forum and I'm so sad about what I found when I did make the time to check in. I am one week from what will most likely be the biggest challenge of my life for a variety of reasons. I've been preparing for this surgery for months, trying to prepare my family and my temporary replacement at work, and now I have one week to try and plan for what may or may not come up in the next 6 months in order to make things easier for my family, my husband in particular. I have a very limited reserve of time and energy and I won't waste either of them on petty arguments. Because we are individuals we all have different opinions, beliefs, doctors, procedures and the list goes on and on because we ARE individuals. We don't have to agree to be able to contribute to the amazing wealth of information here. To be quite frank, if you don't like what someone else says, IGNORE IT. GROW UP. Be a contributor of information or knowledge or positive advice or don't contribute at all. I try really hard to follow my own advice. If anyone finds that I don't, please call it to my attention. Several months ago I posted to a thread that had gone way downhill and I posted defending another member. I still stand by that post, but I'd like to think I won't ever feel the need to have to defend anyone again.
                      Now, I'm going to go enjoy my lortab cocktail. My purpose was not to offend, but to hopefully redirect the focus of this wonderful place.
                      Becky, 46 years old
                      Diagnosed at 13 with mild scoliosis
                      Ignored until 448/07
                      Left thoracic 49* T5-T11
                      Right thorocolumbar 60* T11-L4
                      Surgery Monday, June 9, 2008 Oklahoma Spine Hospital
                      Fused T-10 to L-5
                      14 titanium pedicle screws
                      Corrected to approx. 10* YEA!!!
                      Email

Comment

Attention Chris Wbs

I did not get the wrong impression early on. My first impression was that she’s a very insecure and explosive individual. I would not hesitate to say she’s frightening. She’s easily provoked into confrontation and desperately tries to garner attention. Why else would she post a picture of herself with her “fake” boobs hanging out? Only someone who is so insecure takes delight in humiliating and bullying. And while we all have our failings and shortcomings, I’ve never seen an apology from her for all the insults and accusations she’s flung around at others. She certainly has you mystified. My impression stands firm.
                        Chris WBS:

#1 Good luck on your surgery.

#2 Now go away and stop posting.

ENOUGH ALREADY!!!
                        ca-native (daughter had surgery)

Comment

Wow. Talk about irony.

I assume the picture you're talking about was the bikini one (they've been around for *decades*, Chris, and people *gasp!* even wear them in public!), and my "fake boobs" were far from "hanging out.

I'd say my SPINE was hanging out in my surgical photos more than boobs in ANY pic.

Why do you even CARE (obviously you do since you mentioned it) I have "fake boobs"? For a price, you can have your own, and it's no concern of mine.

The topic of that conversation was how a 53° curve can be near-invisible on outward appearance.

I have better things to do than watch a grown woman act like a jealous 6th grader, and Chris, I'd really consider getting that negativity in check before you have surgery. You'll fare much better afterwards.

See y'all around.

Pam
                          Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
                          AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
                          Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
                          Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
                          EMAIL ME

Comment

I really didn't want to get into this but enough is enough.

Chris - Your impression of Pam may stand firm but it is YOUR impression, not that of others including myself who actually know Pam and find her to be anything but the things you posted (insecure, a bully, etc.). So she speaks her mind even when what she has to say may not be popular - so what?? I actually RESPECT that in a person. She's not trying to win a popularity contest - neither am I. I'd much rather deal with someone who speaks what they feel than to deal with all the phonies and "yes" people the world is full of.

I have also SEEN personally (on and off the forum) that she has a huge heart and has reached out to help adults and kids she doesn't even know time and time again.

And why ON EARTH would that picture she posted bother you?? Most of us, including myself, are not intimidated or bothered by her photos, her boobs that YOU keep referring to, or her attitude. Why are you? Perhaps YOU are the one who is insecure.

OK, I'm done.
                            Last edited by mariaf; 06-02-2008, 09:04 PM.
                            mariaf305@yahoo.com
                            Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
                            Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Comment

Enough is enough indeed!

I come to this forum to seek and share useful information and find way too many of these nonsensical exchanges. It's a turn off.
                              Jan Lotherington,
                              56* thoracic curve, 50* lumbar curve
                              A/P fusion T3-Sacrum, Dec 11&13 2007
                              at age 55
                              Dr Bridwell

Comment

Working...
                              X