ARTICLE- Skyler's surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARTICLE- Skyler's surgery

This is the article that was in the hospital newsletter (Tulane) from Skyler's surgery.
    http://tulane.edu/news/newwave/052808_surgery.cfm

That was very interesting!

Congratulations on getting through the surgery.

Your daughter is beautiful.

So one in 10,000 kids has scoliosis surgery? I assume that's of all kids, scoliotic or not?

Thanks for posting that article.

sharon
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

I thought it was pretty kewl! lol!! She wil ldie when she sees that pic. lmao!!! She is something else! I am just amazed at how well she is doing!

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks for sharing! It was a great article-- and a very nice pic! You should be very pleased with how well she is doing! (And is her bro REALLY waiting on her hand and foot?)
        71 and plugging along... but having some problems
        2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
        5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
        Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
        CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
        10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Wow. Thanks for sharing so much.

That's is really special to have them put her in the paper and use new fancy high-tech equipment. I am so glad her surgery is past. My daughter is Day....hmmm let's see....5/21 was surgery...so, we are day 12 or so. Her pain is finally under control with little pain meds. Hope your sweet little one is doing well too.

Thx so much for sharing with us. This forum SAVED MY B***. I was so nervous and you all gave me so much hope. Now, it's a wait to regain normal activities (S L O W L Y) and to be sure the bone graft takes (I'm sure it will).

Anyhow love to you and yours!!

Comment

Wonderful article...best wishes to you -

Renee

Comment

Working...
            X