This forum is awesome!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This forum is awesome!

I think it is better than an episode of Dallas. Hop on ond slam all you want! I couldn't help myself! I see some folks walking on eggshells, they shouldn't have to do that.
    Some food for thought folks.
    I checked out a forum a few days ago and after registering it turned out you had to call the moderator and answer questions. I declined and the person emailed me about it and I told him/her(?) I didn't want to. To big a hassle for me at that time as I was starting some PT on my shoulders. He/she emailed that the forum sometimes has people try to get on that are insurance investigators, lawyers ETC. and that was the reason for the personal contact. Pay close attention to the ETC. y'all! Sometimes you never know who is punching those keys! Now I feel need to defend some of the women on here that are really knowledgable and will research stuff as it comes up and some of the women that are really sweet and caring to everone and you can tell they are genuine and y'all know who they are.
    WHICH of you is J.R.!!

And last but not least do some of you think children can't figure out what three capitalized initials stand for, or a single letter with three blank spaces behind it means when it is placed in a sentence that you type? It would be nice not to see that stuff where kids can read it. Now I don't care for me, I'm a mariner and can hold hold my own in that area if the need arises, but please be mindful of the children when you get upset!

To All With Scoli or their Parent I send My Best Wishes
    Chris

Originally posted by myachingback
    I think it is better than an episode of Dallas. Hop on ond slam all you want! I couldn't help myself! I see some folks walking on eggshells, they shouldn't have to do that.
    Some food for thought folks.
    I checked out a forum a few days ago and after registering it turned out you had to call the moderator and answer questions. I declined and the person emailed me about it and I told him/her(?) I didn't want to. To big a hassle for me at that time as I was starting some PT on my shoulders. He/she emailed that the forum sometimes has people try to get on that are insurance investigators, lawyers ETC. and that was the reason for the personal contact. Pay close attention to the ETC. y'all! Sometimes you never know who is punching those keys! Now I feel need to defend some of the women on here that are really knowledgable and will research stuff as it comes up and some of the women that are really sweet and caring to everone and you can tell they are genuine and y'all know who they are.
    WHICH of you is J.R.!!

And last but not least do some of you think children can't figure out what three capitalized initials stand for, or a single letter with three blank spaces behind it means when it is placed in a sentence that you type? It would be nice not to see that stuff where kids can read it. Now I don't care for me, I'm a mariner and can hold hold my own in that area if the need arises, but please be mindful of the children when you get upset!

Chris
    Como se dice, en Ingles?

(i.e., Was there a point there somewhere? If so, please speak clearly, if possible.)
    Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
    AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
    Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
    Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
    EMAIL ME

Comment

Hey Chris haven't seen much of you on here. What did you decide about scoli surg. VS rotator cuff surg's. Which first I have been wondering...

You have missed some real C*** on the forum lately by the comment you made. "HOP ON AND SLAM ALL YOU WANT" So take a moment to read what you might have missed and you will see why some "WORDS" have been used. There are a few of us who don't mind speaking our minds and I have personally preferred that to tip toeing around and sugar coating issues. Some people on here are causing problems, preaching and not sticking with the issues at hand and we are calling them on it. As for kids being on here, (insert a snort by me) read some my space entry's.......

Thanks for the warning about bad guys snooping on the forum (Pam I think that was the point.) BUT, Insurance agents/investigators can't even handle the claims they get let alone do EXTRA work. Besides who has scoliosis caused by something that might need investigating or a lawyer? The hospitals need to be investigated for them charging $9.00 for a single naproxen or percocet! Also, for the poor care some have received. I had to babysit my Ins. co. to make sure my wonderful Dr's. got paid in their lifetime! You know untill I called my Ins. co. they thought the Dr. who monitored my spinal cord on the computer during surgery wasn't necessary!? I told them what he did and why he was needed and then they paid right away. Jeez... I got a bit off on a tangent, Sorry. (sort of...........)

Comment

Originally posted by myachingback

Chris
        Good point.

No island of sanity.

sharon
        Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
        Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Originally posted by Suzy
          As for kids being on here, (insert a snort by me) read some my space entry's.......
          I'm with Suzy on this one. My son is 9 and is surely not on NSF reading stuff that's over his head. Heck, he doesn't even go on Spinekids.

My daughter, on the other hand, just turned 17 (I also have a 20 year old son so I've been around teens a bit these past few years) - and not being one to bury my head in the sand or sugar coat things, I can tell you that there's nothing on here that would make today's teenagers blush!! They've heard (and said) far worse. Anyone who thinks differently may need a reality check.
          Last edited by mariaf; 06-02-2008, 09:09 AM.
          mariaf305@yahoo.com
          Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
          Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Comment

I don't think many folks here assume the kids haven't heard or read expletives. That isn't really the issue.

But can you doubt that the kids section would be more amenable to kids if there weren't adults using expletives?

sharon
            Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
            Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Working...
            X