Eye Dr. confirmed today that general anesthesia can change your RX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye Dr. confirmed today that general anesthesia can change your RX

I brought my son to get contacts, so as long as I was there I asked. He said it's not VERY common, but it certainly can happen, and he has seen the RX's go either better or worse.

So I'm not getting an eye exam until after my surgery. Don't want to waste the $$ now if there is a chance my eyes could change.

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
    Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
    Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
    Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
    Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Originally posted by debbei
    I brought my son to get contacts, so as long as I was there I asked. He said it's not VERY common, but it certainly can happen, and he has seen the RX's go either better or worse.

So I'm not getting an eye exam until after my surgery. Don't want to waste the $$ now if there is a chance my eyes could change.
    Glad you clarified it's NOT very common; what a relief that must be for you.

Hopefully you'll crosslink the other thread to this for people who were following the original thread. I can if you'd like - or maybe you'll post this there?

Never prudent to get people all worried/worked up without basis and then abandon your own hanging thread for a new one on the same topic ...

Regards,
    Pam
    Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
    AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
    Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
    Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
    EMAIL ME

Comment

Thanks, Debbe, for the info. That was one of the things on my to do list before surgery. If the RX can change, it makes sense to wait. I had no idea, so I appreciate it.
      57 yr. old female

50 degree and 73 degree curves
      90 degree rotation

Comment

Working...
      X