I'm HOme!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm HOme!!!!

IM HOME! i got home at like noon and i like being here no more beeping! I'm curious to see how Amanda did. Everything went awesome and i coudn't be happier. They fused me T-2 to L-1 and i have 4 rods and 24 screws and 1 hook. everything went so fast its all a blur.no regrets though so it looks like all the prayers worked.

i went from being almost 5 feet tall to being almost 5 foot 2! everything is lower now! lol

just thought u guys would like 2 no.
    I'm 19 years old, had surgery 5 years ago
    3 curves Middle curve - 65 fused to 13 Bottom curve 35- fixed on it's own to 16!
    Fused from C7 to L1

That's excellent! I'm so glad it went well for you. I wish you well in your continued and very likely speedy recovery.

Today is two months since my daughter Savannah, also 13, had her surgery (T4-L1). She has her pre-diagnosis life back for the most part. Most importantly, no more pain. The last bit near her shoulder blade has been gone for about a week. This surgery is amazing.

Best regards,
    sharon
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Yay, Jenny! That is just wonderful!!! It sounds like you are doing super! You'll see, it will just keep getting better and better! Welcome home!
      71 and plugging along... but having some problems
      2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
      5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
      Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
      CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
      10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

So glad to hear you are doing well. Very encouraging for those still facing surgery. The more success stories I hear the better I feel about thing. Keep up the positive attitude.
        Catherine
        Mom of 14 year old Danielle
        T45 degree curve Feb 2008
        T47 degree curve May 2008
        T50 degree curve Sept 2008
        Surgery Nov 24th 2008
        Ontario, Canada

Comment

Amanda is Home Too

Jenna: Amanda is home too at 2 pm today. It was rocky but she's doing fine. I'll have her write you later. So glad you made it!

She had T4-L1 100% correction of curve and rib hump at this point.

Whew! Happy healing to you!

Comment

Jenny How are You Doing?

Just wanted to see how you are. How is the pain management? Amanda had a bit of a pain crisis last night. Let me know, and I hope you are doing great!

Comment

It sounds like everything went well, that's great! You'll be back on your feet in no time. I hope you're dealing with the pain fairly well and I wish you a speedy and successful recovery!
              Nicole//18 years old, college sophomore//50 degree thoracolumbar curve//Posterior Spinal Fusion in 2008, Fused T5 to L3

Comment

Pain

I do have pain but I mostly just feel unconfortable. They gave me this liquid pain killer called codeen( please excuse the spelling I'm to lazy to go look how it's spelled ) but I havn't been taking it lately because it's liquid So I've been living on extra strength tylenol. This is awesome since I've been in the car several times since being home because my grandpa passed away and we've been back and forth to my grandma's. But I'm doing great and I feel so silly for being sooo worried. I have absolutly no regrets!
                I'm 19 years old, had surgery 5 years ago
                3 curves Middle curve - 65 fused to 13 Bottom curve 35- fixed on it's own to 16!
                Fused from C7 to L1

Comment

amanda not mom!

i am totally uncomfortable too ! who knew spinal surgery could be so painful!

Comment

Working...
                  X