Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another 3 AM

Hi,
    Spinal surgery paitents are wokenened up like babies.....It's that 3 am feeding of pain meds and that roll over stiffness that needs to get done...not yet 2 weeks I am, so I think I'm doing good, thanks.. Theresa, Mish and Lily for your call.It is a great help to recieve support and here voices to those names.....It is hard sitting at the PC...now...
    CONNIE

Surgery June 28th 2004
    fused T4 -L3
    Hip graft
    Grown 1 1/2 inches
    25/o upper T 15/o
    53/o T 15/o
    37/o L 6/o
    Dr. Micheal Nuewirth
    New York City

August 6, 2004
    Pulmonary Embolism
    complication from surgery

January 2007 currently
    increasing pain at the T4/5
    point irratation heardwear

hiya connie:

Hiya Connie:

Well girl sounds as if things are going as you thought, glad to hear that you think you are progressing hun. I had one of those nights last night where you get that awful pain just to the right of the upper curve and there was no one home to knuckle it out for me so I ended up against the corner of the wall trying to work it out lol not quite as good but it helped. I really can't imagine what you are going thru but everything you have to say over the next few months will definitely help me if I ever get to the point of getting it fixed.
    Take care hun - things will get easier.

Nancy
    Nancy

Comment

Nancy,
      I can't think i'm prgressing....i am ..also I was having hard time with pain,,,so i switched to mental thoughts that pain is good for you it means u are healing...anyway u look at it..it hurts...
      CONNIE

Surgery June 28th 2004
      fused T4 -L3
      Hip graft
      Grown 1 1/2 inches
      25/o upper T 15/o
      53/o T 15/o
      37/o L 6/o
      Dr. Micheal Nuewirth
      New York City

August 6, 2004
      Pulmonary Embolism

January 2007 currently

Comment

Nancy,
        I can't think i'm prgressing....i am ..also I was having hard time with pain,,,so i switched to mental thoughts that pain is good for you it means u are healing...anyway u look at it..it hurts...hope u knuckle out those pains again....
        CONNIE

Surgery June 28th 2004
        fused T4 -L3
        Hip graft
        Grown 1 1/2 inches
        25/o upper T 15/o
        53/o T 15/o
        37/o L 6/o
        Dr. Micheal Nuewirth
        New York City

August 6, 2004
        Pulmonary Embolism

January 2007 currently

Comment

hey hun

Hiya Again:

I guess I was maybe trying to make you feel like things were getting better hun - hmmmmmm anyway I will keep praying for you and hoping your pain levels will improve. It is hard for me to know wxactly what you have gone thru but I can relate to pain and hope that it will progress to a level you can deal with while you heal. Anyhow I think of you all the time and let's hope all my positive vibes come your way.

Nancy
          Nancy

Comment

it's 3 am again

Dear Nancy,

I will be here every step of the way to help you in any way I can...This is what I was born for....It's in my blood....I can only give you my experiences and that will be first hand.....
            It is 3 am now and I'm up...what happens is the pain meds make u drowzey and when it wears off u wake up and have this wake up kind of , hungry energy....and your body is also waking up all the little pain nerves that also feel asleep.....any tilt of yhe neck can send pain to the roof,,,as of now on my right shoulder blade....it feels like someone is pulling my muscles apart...good night
            CONNIE

Surgery June 28th 2004
            fused T4 -L3
            Hip graft
            Grown 1 1/2 inches
            25/o upper T 15/o
            53/o T 15/o
            37/o L 6/o
            Dr. Micheal Nuewirth
            New York City

August 6, 2004
            Pulmonary Embolism

January 2007 currently

Comment

question?

Hiya Connie:

A question for you hun? What are they using for pain control? I have had great success with Duragesic patches as since they give a steady transdermal release you don't get those weird periods of when your meds either wear out or start up so there are no highs or lows just a nice even steady pain control. My only problem with them is keeping them stuck on lol since I am a hot middlle aged lady so I use a surgical dressing like "me fix"or such over the patches to keep them on but they are great for giving you sustained pain control and a lot less addicting. Thanks for giving me support when you are feeling so rotten hun it is greatly appreciated and I am here if you ever need to vent - if you use MSN I am on there as n.howe@sympatico.ca.

Take care and hang in there - thinking of you.

Nancy
              Nancy

Comment

A remedy for "nobody home to knuckle it out"

Just a little tip: If you need some deep massage to work out a spasm, place a tennis ball or other hard ball between your back and the wall. Lean back into the ball and move all around the pain so the ball does the massage. I've found this more helpful than any other method - even the cane massagers. Nora

Comment

great idea

Thank you Nora great idea - I am sure it will work a whole lot better than the corner of my brick wall lol.

Nancy
                  Nancy

Comment

not quite 3AM but close

Hi ,
                    So It's 1;30.am....I figured out my problem..It's my pain meds..The percocets have so much caffinee in them or whatever it is...I'm falling asleep but waking up 3 hours later being alert and ready to stay awake...so I take another one to fall back 2 sleep and the cycle starts again...this is something I will definitly speak to my surgeon about....
                    CONNIE

Surgery June 28th 2004
                    fused T4 -L3
                    Hip graft
                    Grown 1 1/2 inches
                    25/o upper T 15/o
                    53/o T 15/o
                    37/o L 6/o
                    Dr. Micheal Nuewirth
                    New York City

August 6, 2004
                    Pulmonary Embolism

January 2007 currently

Comment

great news for me

Hi,

It's 2;30- and I wanted to share some news...today I went shopping and bought myself a dress that has speggitti straps and a low back fitted dress.....yikes,,,..I never ever bought anything like this before on the chance my back stuck out like a sore thumb...but now I'm taller and leaner and the dress fits like a charm...I'm not sure if I like the style or the color but I loved the fit so I bought it!!! my scar shows so I'll but a wrap over my shoulders.....oh and the straps did not fall of my shoulder.....everything was straight....like my back....as you can see...I'm very much out and about//...driving all day ...doing too too much ..but I can so thats the ticket....no more napping....still on meds may change to diludin..hope that helps better that the perocets...so all of you with crooked backs thinking of surgery it does get better and there are rewards....
                      CONNIE

Surgery June 28th 2004
                      fused T4 -L3
                      Hip graft
                      Grown 1 1/2 inches
                      25/o upper T 15/o
                      53/o T 15/o
                      37/o L 6/o
                      Dr. Micheal Nuewirth
                      New York City

August 6, 2004
                      Pulmonary Embolism

January 2007 currently

Comment

Sounds like you're reaping the benefits!

Wow, Connie. You sound like you're doing great. Driving all day and your surgery was just over a month ago - that's incredible. I do fantasize about a straight looking back and better fitting clothes. Unless I've got a turtleneck on, it seems as if my bra strap is always showing on one side. Glad to hear the good news. Nora

Comment

bra straps

hi all:

I found a bra that helps - it does up at the front and has a back sort of like a sports bra and it stays put and doesn't fall off my shoulder at all. I can't remember the brand but if anyone is interested email me and I will look as if I don't have to wear one I don't lol. I did buy it at Walmart though. Woo hoo is grand to have one that stays put.

Nancy
                          Nancy

Comment

Working...
                          X