Advanced BioStructural Correction™

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced BioStructural Correction™

I was told there was a question about ABC™ and asked to answer it.

I have not seen a question. Was this a mistake or did someone have a question in a thread that I cannot find.

Dr. Jutkowitz

What is advanced biostuctural correction?

Comment

See the thread at:

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...=biostructural

Comment

Originally posted by DrJesseJutkowit

I have not seen a question. Was this a mistake or did someone have a question in a thread that I cannot find.

Dr. Jutkowitz
        Here you go...

http://www.randi.org/joom/challenge-info.html
        Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
        Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

If it quacks like a duck ...

Dr. Jutkowitz
          It's raining here this morning, and I entertained myself browsing the JREF site for at least an hour - LOL. Sadly, I was hooked when I saw the applicant who claims she can cause people to urinate with the (insert creepy music here*) power of her mind ... .

"Dr. Jutkowitz", you've some considerable cojones to even post here: I'll give you that.

It is truly laughable if you think anyone here believes your claim "I was told there was a question about ABC™ and asked to answer it."

I assure you, *had* anyone inquired about your "science", it would have already been answered and debunked. Oh, wait ... it was.

For everyone else, here's the *completely* ridiculous (new and improved, perhaps? LMAO) website for Advanced BioStructural Correction (the URL has changed, but it's the same old drivel: http://www.advbiostructuralcorr.com/

(and, yes ... I intentionally left off the ™ suffix)

I just searched the United States Patent and Trademark Office databases and funny, "Advanced BioStructural Correction" does not appear to have *ever* had a trademark application filed, and it certainly hasn't been approved as a REGISTERED trademark. (not that either means anything in terms of validity or viability of a good or service)

Additionally, "Mastery Solutions Inc" or "Jutkowitz" doesn't turn up a thing in the United States Copyright Office database.

Hmmmm. I wonder why THAT might be?

Anyone can stick the ™, ® or © symbol next to their company name or some supposedly trademarked good or service.

Now ... let's move on to "Dr. Jutkowitz"'s long history of license revocations, disciplinary actions, practicing without a license and disassociations by legitimate organizations ...

Minutes of a meeting from 2000 of the Connecticut State Board of Chiropractic Examiners note:

"Dr. Porzio also reported that he was made aware of information that Jesse Jutkowitz, DC, who has had his license revoked by this Board, may be practicing in the New Milford, Connecticut area. Ms. Boulware indicated that the Department of Public Health will review both these issues."

Here's an interesting link by a chiropractor who allegedly worked for the "Dr.". The "Disciplinary History" section is so interesting, in fact, I just *have* to post it here ...

"Disciplinary History

Jutkowitz himself has been disciplined four times by Connecticut's chiropractic licensing board. In 1987, the board fined him $5,000, suspended his license for one year to be followed by three years of probation Public documents in the case indicate that during at least five visits he had inappropriately inserted his fingers into a female patient's rectum to administer a "coccygeal-meningeal procedure" that he said would cure her of acne and migraine headaches. Later the woman's husband sought treatment and was advised to have the same procedure and told that his health would suffer if he did not receive it. The board concluded that the woman's treatment was inappropriate and that Jutkowitz had taken too many x-rays. It also ruled that Jutkowitz's treatment of a man with scoliosis was "incompetent." [10]. Jutkowitz appealed through the courts, which upheld the board's decision, but the process delayed implementation of the board's order until 1991 [11].

In 1990, the board fined Jutkowitz $3,000, suspended his license for one year to be followed by three years of probation for engaging in "negligent or incompetent practice." The board's decision was based on two cases in which Jutkowitz had inserted his fingers into the rectum to "adjust" the patient's coccyx (tailbone). Neither patient had complained of tailbone discomfort; and Jutkowitz's management of the second woman included five full-spine x-rays over a 15-month period and lack of adequate records to show the patient's progress as of each visit. The board concluded that "no coccygeal adjustment of any kind was clinically substantiated" and that it was not medically necessary to x-ray the second patient five times [12]. Jutkowitz appealed and lost, but the suspension did not become became effective until after the appeals process ended in 1995 [11].

In 1993, the board fined Jutkowitz $2,000 and suspended his license for one year for "incompetent and negligent conduct." The board concluded that Jutkowitz had improperly managed a patient and taken too many x-rays on the day the patient consulted him. It appears from the records that the patient had carpal tunnel syndrome (a wrist problem) but Jutkowitz diagnosed a neck problem without taking a proper medical history or examining the man's arms [13]. Jutkowitz appealed through the courts, which upheld the board's decision in 1996, but by that time the board had voted to revoke his license [11].

In 1996, after hearing evidence that Jutkowitz had continued to examine and treat patients, the board revoked his license [14]. This time he could not get the revocation delayed, and his appeal was dismissed in January 1997 [11].

Following the revocation, Jutkowitz opened an office in California, which had licensed him in 1992. In March 1998, I accepted a job in his office, which was in Los Angeles. Although I knew that his Connecticut license had been revoked and that he was a Scientologist, I had found his articles interesting and thought he had come up with a genuine advance in chiropractic methodology. I personally observed him treat patients in his clinic, which was next to a Scientology headquarters where he attended classes. One day I became alarmed when he promised to cure a man of multiple sclerosis, a promise he could not possibly keep. Not long afterward, I resigned and informed the California Board of Chiropractic about this and his de-licensing in Connecticut. It turned out that he had violated California law by not notifying the board that his Connecticut license has been revoked. On July 2, 1998, the board ordered his license to be revoked as of August 1, 1998 [15].

Following the loss of his California license, Dr. Jutkowitz taught postgraduate license-renewal courses to chiropractors in California through the Logan College of Chiropractic.Without a current license, Jutkowitz was not actually eligible to teach postgraduate courses. In March 2001, Ralph Barrale, Logan's director of postgraduate education, told me Jutkowitz had not disclosed his license revocations when he had applied for approval of his course, but that the school no longer had a relationship with him and anticipated none in the future [16]."

"Dr.", you seriously underestimated the intelligence of your audience here. If you've one iota of sense, I expect this will be the last we hear from you.
          Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
          AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
          Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
          Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
          EMAIL ME

Comment

Hi Pam,

I don't mean to joke about a serious matter - but all I could think of was "I'm glad she ultimately made good use of a rainy day"!

Good work, btw. I think someone recently said, on another forum, that you'd make an excellent counselor - can we add "detective" to the list of future potential professions you'd excel at?

And, OMG, I nearly spit my coffee when I read about someone claiming to be able to cause someone to urinate using the power of her mind.
            Last edited by mariaf; 05-22-2008, 09:16 AM.
            mariaf305@yahoo.com
            Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
            Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Comment

Dr. Jutkowitz
              Why you preditory, snot nose little...
              Oh you ve really gotten my feathers up. Down right disgusting, go apply at Mc Donalds and get a real job. Better yet go down to the nearest peep show where you belong. and by the way the color choice for your website is tacky.

Just down right gross, and i cant believe how preditory you actions are.

Comment

If there was a post of the month competition, I would nominate Pam's post. Fabulous.

Maybe there should be a sticky for the quackwatch site to help newly diagnosed folks.

http://www.quackwatch.com/

Also, go down the page to find everything you need to know about chiro... (these are clickable on the web site mentioned above)

# Chiropractic: FEATURE TOPIC - ALSO VISIT CHIROBASE

* Don't Be Fooled (updated 7/31/98)
                * Chiropractic's Dirty Secret: Neck Manipulation and Strokes (updated 7/2/06)
                * Advertising Gimmicks (posted 5/20/97)
                * Steer Clear of Chiropractic Nutrition (updated 9/2/02))
                * "Chiropractic Pediatrics" (to be posted)
                * Subluxations: Chiropractic's Elusive Buzzword (updated 5/21/06)
                * Undercover Investigations (posted 9/14/97)
                * How Chiropractors Oversell Themselves (updated 11/20/98)
                * My Visit to a "Straight" Chiropractor (updated 9/11/98)
                * Inside View of a Chiropractic Office (posted 7/14/97)
                * Applied Kinesiology (updated 4/23/99)
                * Contact Reflex Analysis (updated 4/16/98)
                * What a Rational Chiropractor Can Do for You (link to Chirobase)
                * Does the Bad Outweigh the Good? (posted 3/23/01)
                * "Veterinary Chiropractic" (link to Chirobase)
                * Chiropractic Victim Support Group (posted 6/13/98)

and last but not least, chirobase!

http://www.chirobase.org/
                Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
                Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Originally posted by Pooka1
                  If there was a post of the month competition, I would nominate Pam's post. Fabulous.
                  I'm pretty new around here, but I TOTALLY agree!! Pam's post had me just about wetting myself, and she didn't even have to use THE POWER OF HER MIND

LOL

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
                  Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
                  Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
                  Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
                  Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Lmao

GOOD ON YA, PAM!!!
                    FeliciaFeliciaFelicia
                    10/24/00 posterior fusion T4-L4 at age 57
                    8/5/05 posterior surgery for spinal stenosis at L4-L5; laminectomy and fusion
                    5/14/07 posterior revision with fusion to sacrum
                    2/11/08 anterior discectomy L5-S1, and reinforcement of fusion with plate attached to L5-S1
                    3/9/2011 and 3/11/2011 revision surgery with Dr. Lenke, St. Louis - complete revision and fusion with instrumentation from T1 to sacrum, one lumbar osteotomy.

Comment

Oh, this is even MORE funny ...

The user DrJesseJutkowit has the following listed in his profile here:

"Occupation: Fixing human bodies"

(Isn't that illegal without a license? Isn't it illegal to represent yourself as a doctor when your license has been revoked? My curiousity is piqued: I think I might have to make some calls and check on that )

... and you HAVE to see the homepage listed for this profile ... http://www.abcmiracles.com.

What a joke, not to mention a study in the worst website aesthetics imaginable. It literally looks like a 6th grader's project (no offense intended to 6th graders).

I just *thought* the "new" link in my previous post was laughable!

The slogan on the new site is ...

"The Greatest Tragedy in Science is the Slaying of a Beautiful Theory by an Ugly Fact"

I don't have enough time to ponder *which* ugly fact slayed the "beautiful theory" (was it the suspensions, revocation, disassociation, finger in the rectum, the dishonesty/omissions? ... I'm at a loss here. So many from which to choose!).

Best of all, in a few days - as anyone who's ever Googled a topic on here knows - THIS thread, started by the "Dr." himself - will be near the top of the results.

Thank you for the best advertisement money couldn't buy, "Dr.".
                      Last edited by txmarinemom; 05-22-2008, 06:44 PM. Reason: ... 'cause I found something ELSE funny :)

VIEW MY X-RAYS
                      EMAIL ME

Comment

Rainy day. . .

Pam

It rained today?

p

Comment

Originally posted by PNUTTRO
                          Pam

It rained today?

p
                          It POURED here for about 10 minutes this morning early (rumbling and all -maybe 6:30 or 7 a.m.), and then drizzled another 20 or so.

Nothing central or in the western hinterlands?

VIEW MY X-RAYS
                          EMAIL ME

Comment

Thank you Txmarinemom!!!

Thank you for taking the time to research this creep, and then passing on the information to us. I am disgusted that he was trying to lure people dealing with health/back problems, but thanks to you he has been exposed as the pervert he is. Good work!!!

Comment

All the baloney

You can post all the baloney you want and the attacks from the Chiropractic profession but the truth is that I figured out the basics of how structural correction works and why and why it does not work when it does not.

I do not make up those pictures or the results noted by the patients. ABC™ consistently accomplishes what other methods of structural correction only occasionally accomplish.

Dr. J

Comment

Working...
                              X