Shoulder Pain..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoulder Pain..

[I would like to ask if anyone else has experienced shoulder pain..
    My pain is under my right shoulder blade.. this is the one that always stood up because of the scoliosis... this pain is bad enough to keep me from having full range of motion and I have been needing shots in the area every 3-4 months or so.... thank goodness I am left handed........
    are any of you experiencing this.........
    Dr says it is some type of bursitis due to the fact that the shoulder blad has been out of whack so long... have had scoli since 1971 ... I am going to have pt to see if we can help it.......
    Hugs Paula :confused
    Me: almost 43 .........
    scoli since age 6.. milwaukee brace 10 years
    surgery 04/04/2007 ...
    13 verterbrae w/ rib recession ...
    1 year post op.. feeling MUCH better.. still rib and shoulder paid but no back pain!!

Hey, hey, Paula... (remember that song?)

YES. I have shoulder pain. I tried a post a few months ago to see if anyone else had the problem, but there was very little response. Almost nil. Mine is getting a little better, (I think???) but at times it throbs and aches. The range of motion is fairly limited in both, but especially the left shoulder-- the one that causes the pain. I can reach high and low, and to the front ok, but it's going back, like to fasten a seat belt or my bra, that is limited. I too think it's because it was all out of whack-- and even with the surgery, everything is not in perfect alignment--although much much better. I wondered if part of it might be due to the fact that my surgeon did a little something to it during the surgery. Or at least that's what it sounds like to me. This is what it says in my op report: "...We placed the proximal left side and did a compression to bring the left shoulder down as the patient's left shoulder was initially elevated. After doing so, these set nuts were then tightened to the appropriate torque..."

Of course, I don't know what that means in the whole big picture, but I get the impression my shoulder was pushed down a little so it would be more in line with my right one, then the instrumentation was tightened. Anyone else have any ideas???

Anyway, it's good to see you back on here posting, and yes, there's at least me that has shoulder aches... but I'm not sure if it's the same kind.
    71 and plugging along... but having some problems
    2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
    5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
    Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
    CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
    10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

My should pain may not be the same but I have it as well. After the first surgery I was walking with a tilt and I thought it was due to that coupled with being inactive. I still have it after having the tilt corrected but I believe it is inflamed and I can't take any NSAIDs.
      I do shoulder/arm exercises every day to increase the mobility but reaching back hurts so much. My surgeon suggested a shot of cortisone but I didn't want to go that route.
      I did have a treatment called IMS, intra-muscular stimulation which is somewhat like accupuncture before the second surgery and it seemed to help some. Now that I am 9 weeks post-op I can go back to physio which is next week. Not sure what the answer is, perhaps time and exercise.
      CarolS
      68 degree right lumbar scoliosis, mild kyphosis at L1-2
      Anterior/Posterior Correction, T8 to Sacrum, Sept 20th, 2007
      Osteotomy March 20,2008
      Thrilled with results!

Comment

I have pain in my shoulder as well and a very limited rotation. The more I use it the more it acts up... its hurt for so long now that I notice I do not use it correctly and will change the motion so that I don't push it to the point where it feels like it wants to snap. PT definitely helped me with it... I can't wait to go back but am on a tight budget now and can't afford the copayments for 1-2x per week visits. When I exercise and lift with it correctly and do PT the daily pain is minimal. When I do nothing it takes a good hour or so until I can even try to use it in the morning.

Let me know if you find anything else that helps... so far only PT has helped me.

Comment

Working...
        X