8 days post-op!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 days post-op!!

Wow, Already! Skye is doing GREAT!!!!!!!!! I am so proud and amazed. Seh is getiing up and walking and getting around on her own. She is still taking pain meds, but not often. Her scar looks great! The Dr. did an amazing job. She has had absolutely no drainage at all. She sleeps most of the night, wakes up in early morning. All I can say is amazed.

I wans to thank all of you for all the kind words of support and encouragemnet that I was given. The people on this board are amazing. Thanks again to all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It sounds like everything went really well and Sky seems to be doing great!! And it will only get better! It's a tough ordeal but everything will be back to normal before you know it. I wish her the best of luck with the rest of her recovery!
    Nicole//18 years old, college sophomore//50 degree thoracolumbar curve//Posterior Spinal Fusion in 2008, Fused T5 to L3

Comment

That's great about Skye. Kids often seem to recover so quickly... a silver lining.

Best regards,
      sharon
      Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
      Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Yes, that's wonderful news! It'll just keep getting better and better. Give Skye a gentle hug for me, and tell her we are all proud of her too.
        71 and plugging along... but having some problems
        2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
        5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
        Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
        CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
        10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Congratulations on a a successful recovery!
          Laurie

Mother of Alexander & Zachary:
          Alex is 16 years old and in the 11th grade. He has congenital scoliosis due to a hemivertebrae at T10. Wore a TLSO brace for 3 1/2 years. Pre-op curves were T45 & L65; curves post-op are approx. T31 & L34. Had a posterior spinal fusion from T8 to L3 on 7/12/07 at age 12. Doing great now in so many ways, but still working on improving posture.
          Zach is 13 years old and very energetic.

Comment

Working...
          X