PDA

View Full Version : Question

suzyjay
05-20-2008, 08:45 AM
Hi
I had my surgery in Feb 07 and for the past couple of months I feel a slight ache on the lower left side of my stomach when I do stomach exercises and once a doctor press in on my side (for another medical problem) and I had pain but it went away quickly, so I didn't mention it to him. Does it sound like a hernia or some kind of damage from the surgery? Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Thanks
Sue :)

loves to skate
05-20-2008, 11:34 AM
Hi Sue,
Did you have anterior surgery? And do you mean abdomen or stomach? I am still tender from my anterior surgery on my abdomen and I am 5 1/2 months post-op. Every so often I get an unusual twinge. I think mine is just the normal healing process. I will start PT in another 2 weeks. Maybe it is too soon for you to be doing exercises for your stomach or abdomen if you had anterior surgery. My Dr. is very conservative.
Sally

suzyjay
05-20-2008, 12:36 PM
I had a posterior surgery and the pain is in the lower abdomen on my left side. I was wondering if a accident or something happened during surgery that the doctor didn't tell me about. I will mention it to him on my next visit.

loves to skate
05-21-2008, 09:24 AM
Hi Sue,
It is possible you pulled a muscle in your abdomen while doing exercises, but it is best to check it out with your Dr.
Sally