Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question

Hi
    I had my surgery in Feb 07 and for the past couple of months I feel a slight ache on the lower left side of my stomach when I do stomach exercises and once a doctor press in on my side (for another medical problem) and I had pain but it went away quickly, so I didn't mention it to him. Does it sound like a hernia or some kind of damage from the surgery? Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Thanks
    Sue

loves to skate

Hi Sue,
    Did you have anterior surgery? And do you mean abdomen or stomach? I am still tender from my anterior surgery on my abdomen and I am 5 1/2 months post-op. Every so often I get an unusual twinge. I think mine is just the normal healing process. I will start PT in another 2 weeks. Maybe it is too soon for you to be doing exercises for your stomach or abdomen if you had anterior surgery. My Dr. is very conservative.
    Sally
    Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
    Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
    Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
    Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
    New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
    Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

I had a posterior surgery and the pain is in the lower abdomen on my left side. I was wondering if a accident or something happened during surgery that the doctor didn't tell me about. I will mention it to him on my next visit.

Comment

loves to skate

Hi Sue,
        It is possible you pulled a muscle in your abdomen while doing exercises, but it is best to check it out with your Dr.
        Sally
        Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
        Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
        Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
        Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
        New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
        Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Working...
        X