Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bumps

Hi everyone, how are you?
    I've been at school for 5 weeks now, and I only have one test left to take before I'm completely caught up. I can't believe summer is almost here.

Well I'm posting today because I noticed that at where I'm guessing my fusion begins and ends there are two bumps, (one at the bottom, one at the top) and well they certainly feel like my spine, hard. The one on the bottom protrudes a bit more than the one on top, and I was wondering if I messed up.

I've been a bit more active than I think I should have, bending and slouching a lot, not full bend over touch your toes bends, but bending, and I'm afraid that I might have messed up my fusion. I feel like such a bad girl -__-.

Is this normal, or should I see Dr. Parks about it?
    Pre-Op:
    UT-35*. T-55*, L-30*
    16 year old girl
    Fusion- T5- T12 on March 17th 2008
    Post-OP:
    UT-27*, T/L-very straight : ]

Sanah ... are you small-framed?

Do the "bumps" hurt? Does it hurt more than usual anywhere else?

I can *clearly* feel my hardware along several spots on my spine, but I'm almost 5'3", and weigh about 110 lbs. (yes ... I'm SLOWLY losing the 10-12 lbs I forced myself to gain pre-op because everyone told me I'd LOSE weight, and I wanted enough heft to recover well. Hah.).

If they *don't* hurt, it's probably just hardware. *Any*time it hurts, call your doctor. Then again, anytime you have a question, call your doctor.

Regards,
    Pam
    Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
    AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
    Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
    Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
    EMAIL ME

Comment

Thanks

Thank you Pam, I am smalled framed I suppose, 5'5" at 113, but they are a bit tender.. xD So I guess I'll take your advice and ask Dr. Parks about it. Good luck continuing to shed those extra pounds! ^__^
      Pre-Op:
      UT-35*. T-55*, L-30*
      16 year old girl
      Fusion- T5- T12 on March 17th 2008
      Post-OP:
      UT-27*, T/L-very straight : ]

Comment

Hey sanah, you seem to be doing fairly well. You had your surgery the day before I had mine and you've been back at school longer than I have lol. Anyway, I have a similar issue. I am very small-framed as well (5'3" and 100lbs.) and can feel the rods at certain parts of my spine, particularly at the top. I can also feel where my crosslinks are and they are very tender. I asked my doctor about it and he just said that my muscles are still swollen and tender and that as time passes it will get better. Anyway, I would definitely ask your doctor because you can never be sure but I don't think you messed up any hardware.

I've been doing a lot of stuff I probably shouldn't either. Though my doctor did say I could bend as long as I'm careful. He actually had me bend and reach for my toes as far as I could at my last appointment (which was not far at all...and that really is pathetic considering I'm a dancer lol). Anyway, I hope your recovery has been going well overall and that you're feeling a hundred percent soon!
        Nicole//18 years old, college sophomore//50 degree thoracolumbar curve//Posterior Spinal Fusion in 2008, Fused T5 to L3

Comment

Working...
        X