Can't find that link for the checklist...what to buy before surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't find that link for the checklist...what to buy before surgery

Can anyone point me to where the checklist is for what to buy before surgery? Things like grabbers, etc. I had it marked as a favorite in my (now stolen) laptop and can't seem to find it in the search function.

Muchas Gracias!
    Susan
    XLIF/Posterior Surgery 6/16/08. Fused T10-L5 in CA by Dr. Michael Kropf (don't go there unless it's simple, I hear he's at Cedar's now). Very deformed, had revision w/5 PSO's, rods from T-3 to sacrum including iliac screws, all posterior, 5/23/16 with Dr. Purnendu Gupta of Chicago.

Owner of Chachi the Chihuahua, So Cal born and bred, now a resident of 'Chicagoland' Illinois. Uh, dislike it here....thank God there was ONE excellent spine surgeon in this area.

loves to skate

Hi Chihuahua Mama,
    I can't help you with the list you want. Someone else will probably come up with that list for you. Since I didn't know about this forum before my surgery, I went to the hospital for my surgery totally ignorant. Not to worry though, the hospital has all of that equipment and they will sell it to you there.
    Take care, Sally
    Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
    Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
    Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
    Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
    New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
    Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Here's one...

I'm with Sally-- I didn't know about the forum when I had my surgery. I read the David Wolpert book and got a few ideas, but the hospital will help you some too.

A recent thread where we talked about some things like that was by Tngirl07--called "Any Suggestions??" -- I know I put some links to other lists in there. Tngirl's link is http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7240

Best wishes as you get ready.
      71 and plugging along... but having some problems
      2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
      5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
      Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
      CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
      10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

That led me to it!

Susie*Bee, you're the bomb. Thanks - from that thread I found this (which is what I was looking for)

http://www.scoliosislinks.com/PreparingforSurgery.htm

I think I'm search-challenged - I can't seem to use the right keywords to get what I want. Thanks again.

Sally - that's great news. I didn't know the hospital would provide that and didn't think to ask the surgeon.

Today or tomorrow I'm talking to my managers at work, and a bit worried about it. I'm in the troubled real estate industry in southern california and although I feel pretty secure about my job and the need for it, it's still a little scary to give them any reason to question my existence. I crave those Prayers and positive vibes from anyone that feels so inclined

Hugs and thanks to all.
        Last edited by Chihuahua Mama; 05-07-2008, 10:28 AM.
        Susan
        XLIF/Posterior Surgery 6/16/08. Fused T10-L5 in CA by Dr. Michael Kropf (don't go there unless it's simple, I hear he's at Cedar's now). Very deformed, had revision w/5 PSO's, rods from T-3 to sacrum including iliac screws, all posterior, 5/23/16 with Dr. Purnendu Gupta of Chicago.

Owner of Chachi the Chihuahua, So Cal born and bred, now a resident of 'Chicagoland' Illinois. Uh, dislike it here....thank God there was ONE excellent spine surgeon in this area.

Comment

Hi Susan,

I also have a list of things on my blog listed below that might be helpful. You'll have to look back a bit though to find it.

Best,
          Anya
          "You must be the change you want to see in the world."

Previously 55 degree thoracolumbar curve
          Surgery June 5, 2007 - Dr. Clifford Tribus, University of Wisconsin Hospital
          19 degrees post-op!

http://abhbarry.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by txmarinemom
            (called the Gopher ... or somesuch - one of those "As Seen on TV" products) that's a LOT cheaper (like $9.99 cheap!) with suction cups. It also folds in half for storage.
            Thanks Pam! Found it on my favorite online retailer for $14.95, along with the picture of the guy that screams on TV about Oxyclean. (I have to turn down the volume whenever he comes on).

It looks like it would pick up a small child. Sold.
            Susan

Comment

Working...
            X