Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cervical Kyphosis?

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry if this is not the place for this post, but I am really looking for some information on the treatment of Cervical Kyphosis (straightening of the neck). Does anyone here have any good references they can share? I am specifically interested in treatment.

My neck does not have any natural lordosis at all, so my head is very forward-set. I also have slight scoliosis in my back but other than a drooping right shoulder, I am fortunate that it's not really noticeable and doesn't cause any pain. My neck is what really bothers me. I don't like the way it looks and I suspect it is part of the cause of my constant headaches (many other things have been ruled out).

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide on Cervical Kyphosis.

Regards,
    Kelly

Christa Lehnert-Schroth has a section on cervical kyphosis in her book, with some recommended exercises, but I wouldn't try them on my own. You'd have to be supervised by a physical therapist.

The author mentions that "Patients [of cervical kyphosis] suffer from headaches of unclear origin." So your intuition seems right on.

See if you can find a PT in your area who is familiar with the Schroth method. There's a list on the NSF homepage (www.scoliosis.org). Good luck!

Comment

Working...
    X