This feels so weird....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This feels so weird....

I am only 5 weeks post op but I have really gotten past the pain pretty quickly. I feel great as far as pain goes, however, I feel like I am walking around with a pole down my back, of course, and it feels so strange. I know the pain will eventually go away but does the feeling of something being in your back ever go away? I am just hoping that eventually I will not be able to feel the rods and I will feel like my old self again.
    Jamie Age 29
    Mother to a 6 year old daughter & an 11 month old baby boy.

2000 Curves - 28/40/32
    2008 Curves - 39/63/44
    Surgery Date - 3/25/08
    T4 - L1

63 degrees corrected to 15 degrees !

!

Hi Jaimie,
    Congrats on getting to 5 weeks post op and feeling so good. Yes, the feeling of your rods goes away. I'm almost 11 months post-op with a fusion of L3-T4 and am very mobile. I do not feel the rods in my back even though I have one petruding screw.
    Hang in there
    "You must be the change you want to see in the world."

Previously 55 degree thoracolumbar curve
    Surgery June 5, 2007 - Dr. Clifford Tribus, University of Wisconsin Hospital
    19 degrees post-op!

http://abhbarry.blogspot.com

Comment

After awhile you will forget about the rod and will not notice it when you are walking around. You are just getting used to walking with your spine in a different position and are probably still stiff when walking. This all goes away in a few months.
      T12- L5 fusion 1975 - Rochester, NY
      2002 removal of bottom of rod and extra fusion
      3/1/11 C5-C6 disc replacement
      Daughter - T7 - L3 fusion 2004

Comment

It comes and goes for me (9 months post-op). Lately, for some reason, I've been getting that "pole" sensation more than I had been. Can't make a connection with weather, work, etc. Another mystery to me!
        31 year old female
        55* (day of surgery) thoracic curve w/compensatory lumbar
        T4-T12 on Aug 15, 2007

MRI, pre-surgery
        Xray, 3 mos. post-op
        Machu Picchu, 8 mos. post-op

Comment

I'm still aware of my rods, especially when going up or down stairs.....I can feel them pulling.
          Chris
          A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
          Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
          Post-op curve: 12 degrees
          Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

I am over a year post op and at times I feel my rods. I didn't start feeling them until around 7 months post op.

Sue

Comment

Working...
            X