Appointment with Surgeon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appointment with Surgeon

Today we had an appointment with the surgeon that recommended our daughter have surgery. We feel alot better about things now. I have done a lot of research since Feb when we first found out she may require surgery for T45 degree although see does have a lumbar curve as well he feels correcting the T-curve will be enough at this point to allow the lumbar curve to correct itself. He was very good with her and really took his time explaining things even when his receptionist interupted us to remind him he was very behind, he reminded her what type of appoinment this was and he would take as much time as we needed. This definatly made us feel good. He answered all of our question in detail and also made a point of connecting to Danielle and making sure she had all her questions covered, she is shy so it took a bit for her to spit the few questions she had out. She felt very comfortable. We have been put on a waiting list for surgery and while usually wait times are a year long the Ontario Government has just made more OR time available for this surgery as they feel the wait time is just to long. Not sure how long but she would like it done sooner than later. She did not want it during the school year but we may not beable to avoid that. We do still have an appointment with another surgeon but I feel in my heart and gut this is the guy. Thanks for listening. This forum has definatly made this difficult time easier having people that truly understand our situation.
    Catherine
    Catherine
    Mom of 14 year old Danielle
    T45 degree curve Feb 2008
    T47 degree curve May 2008
    T50 degree curve Sept 2008
    Surgery Nov 24th 2008
    Ontario, Canada

Appointment with Surgeon

Hola Catherine

It sounds like you are happy with your surgeon, that is always a good thing, if you are not happy with your surgeon or the decision he makes you cannot relax enough and be totally happy with the surgery - if you are relaxed then your daughter will also notice this.

I would always recommend that you seek a second opinion and it sounds like you have that under control also

I had my surgery 18 years ago but I can remember everything as if it was yesterday! I was 12 when I had my surgery for a 76º thoracic curve, I have a Harrington rod now from T5 to L1.

Wishing you and your family all the best for the surgery and the recovery

Take Care and be well
    Scoliosis Support, News, Blog
    Twisted and Curved....I like that in a person
    Harrington rod T5 to L1 (1989)

Comment

Working...
    X