PDA

View Full Version : Personal...For all the ladies out there

JamieR
04-22-2008, 10:45 PM
I have a question. I was just curious if any of you ladies out there had your monthly schedule screwed up after surgery? I was just wondering if surgery messes with your cycle and this is normal. If so, how long did it take to get back on schedule?

Thanks!!

Geish
04-23-2008, 08:38 AM
Jamie,
On Sunday I started my cycle for the 7th time since Dec 19th. Some as few as 14 days apart. I made an Ob/Gyn appt yesterday and they have decide to put me on the pill at age 46 to try and get them back to normal. Hopefully six months and I should be good. I hope this helps.

CStadler
04-23-2008, 02:33 PM
With both my surgeries I started immediately after the surgery and it went on for nearly 2 weeks. Then skipped a month and was back to normal after that. Everyone is different just be sure to check with the doctor if it is really out of wack.

bsprings
04-23-2008, 08:16 PM
Mine was irregular for a few months- then got back to normal. I think this is common.
Cathie

Nutty
04-24-2008, 06:46 AM
Mine was irregular also and I think this is common - the body has been messed around with so much and is spending its time healing you - the rest can come later ;)

JamieR
04-24-2008, 10:40 PM
I figured that I might be off due to my surgery but I have not started, I am about two weeks late, and I am not PG so I was just checking. I am sure if I still do not start after a while, I will check in with my doctor. Thanks everyone for sharing !

dealornodeal
04-25-2008, 07:53 PM
Jaime, great question. I had my surgery Jan 16th and I came home on Jan 20th. I too thought maybe surgery and meds would throw off cycle, but mine was just a few days late and I had hoped that it would NOT come because I thought I would have a horrible time trying to manuever a pad, but no problem and so far these past 3 months it's been on track. I definitely concur with the other posts that if it becomes very irregular check with your doctor.

LJ

nzgirl
04-27-2008, 04:08 AM
TOTALLY!!! I went off the pill for surgery, and then it took a couple of months to get a period, which was when I re-started the pill. Then, had unexpected breakthrough bleeding which lasted 10 days... not good! I put it all down to the surgery, but at the 10 day mark thought I'd better go to the doctor... it stopped the next day!