Surgery Date! FINALLY!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surgery Date! FINALLY!!

I finally got my surgery date today! It's May 21st. I have like no time to get ready! I still have to give 3 pints of blood and i had stopped taking my iron supplements so i guess i better get on it again. I'm so nervous! I'm kinda hoping they can fix my rotation to cuz it makes my ribs stick out in the back right side and i hate that! Anyways thought everyone would just like to know my good news!
    I'm 19 years old, had surgery 5 years ago
    3 curves Middle curve - 65 fused to 13 Bottom curve 35- fixed on it's own to 16!
    Fused from C7 to L1

Glad to hear you got your date. It will be here before you know it. I just had surgery and my doctor did a great job fixing my rotation, I have a straight back and my ribs are not sticking out anymore so I bet you get a great result too! Good luck.
    Jamie Age 29
    Mother to a 6 year old daughter & an 11 month old baby boy.

2000 Curves - 28/40/32
    2008 Curves - 39/63/44
    Surgery Date - 3/25/08
    T4 - L1

63 degrees corrected to 15 degrees !

Comment

Yes, Jenny, that is like REAL soon! I'm excited for you. It means you are almost "there"-- soon you'll be straighter and taller, and have the surgery behind you. That will be such a relief! Good luck with the blood donations. Don't worry if you can't do all 3 units. That's a tough thing to do and lots of people can't. I worked really hard and managed 4 in 3 weeks' time, but they were surprised with that. Just do your best and be content. They will be able to use safe blood bank blood if they need it.

I have been listing upcoming surgeries in the adults surgical (first time) area-- there's an "April, May, June surgeries" thread-- so I added your name and date. If you want me to put your doctor, or any info about your surgery, just let me know either here or in a pm. Also, in post #11 in that thread I wrote out directions for posting your surgery date on the official NSF calendar, so you might want to try that. Or I'd be glad to do it for you if you want.

Try to have some fun in these next few weeks, along with getting ready for your surgery. And keep up with your school work also. Sending hugs to you! Susie
      71 and plugging along... but having some problems
      2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
      5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
      Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
      CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
      10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

thanks for adding my date i appreciate it. when it comes to the computer i'm kinda slow. lol
        3 curves Middle curve - 65 fused to 13 Bottom curve 35- fixed on it's own to 16!
        Fused from C7 to L1

Comment

Amanda's surgery is May 21 too

My daughter Amanda (49 degree curve) has surgery May 21 too. Let's pray for each other!!

Comment

Lots of prayers coming your way....JennyBear & Amanda.....for your May 21st surgeries! Before you know it you will both be "on the other side." You will look back with a huge smile, knowing that your spines are straight, your rib humps are gone, & you are healthy, healthy, healthy!
            Martha
            Mother of Laura, Age 19
            Diagnosed with S curve at Age 13 (49*T/32*L)
            Wore brace for one year (Wilmington Jacket)
            Posterior spinal fusion on April 17, '08 with Dr. Flynn at CHOP (Age 16)
            Fused T2-L2
            Pre-op curves: 41*UT/66*T/34*L
            Post-op curves: 14*UT/19*T/19*L
            Note: At 1 yr. post-op appt, UNFUSED lumbar curve improved to 14*!!
            OK to email me at: malka22@comcast.net

Comment

me too

Originally posted by Jennybear
              I finally got my surgery date today! It's May 21st. I have like no time to get ready! I still have to give 3 pints of blood and i had stopped taking my iron supplements so i guess i better get on it again. I'm so nervous! I'm kinda hoping they can fix my rotation to cuz it makes my ribs stick out in the back right side and i hate that! Anyways thought everyone would just like to know my good news!
              my surgery is on the 21st too ! i m so nervous ! i wish i never got scoliosis !

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the prayers everyone. sry i didnt post before but ive been busy. Amanda i hope u did well! that's cool that we went in on the same day!
                Fused from C7 to L1

Comment

Working...
                X