Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 year tomorrow

Hi Everyone,
    Tomorrow I celebrate a whole year since my operation. I really can't believe it!
    I wanted to post a note on here, as I did this time last year, just before I left for hospital. I remember my boyfriend printed out all the replies of best wishes and words of encouragment. It was fantastic! It brought tears to my eyes that people from across the world were thinking of me.

I feel terrible for not been on here in a while. I think there comes a time in your recuperation when every day/week/month is the same and there really isn't much to say.

For those of you about to embark on this operation or have already done so, it is a long haul. I think the hardest part has almost been piecing my life back together and trying to get back to some kind of 'normality'.
    When people said 'oh, it can take up to a year' i thought they were crazy, but I can honestly say it does and really am still getting there.

When I look back at what I couldn't do after my operation, I couldn't move in bed, sit up etc-most of you will know- to now, where I can bend down, touch my toes, pick things off the floor, I really think it is amazing how you heal and what you achieve.

Sorry for going on, hope you haven't all fallen asleep!
    Thank you for this fantastic www. You gave me such enormous support and information for me and all my family.

I am going to make an effort to log on more often. Please let me know if you have any questions. I would be so happy to answer them and help.

Tomorrow will be a day of reflection and I feel very emotional about it. I am also going to treat myself to a hair cut and take my wonderful boyfriend out for dinner.

Take care all and be strong because the end results are so worth it xx
    Miranda
    Kyphoscoliosis 65 degree curve
    Post surgery 25 degree curve
    RNOH Stanmore UK

Miranda-- what a wonderful message! Thanks so much!!! Congratulations on hitting the one-year mark. I'm excited for you -- and I'm about to hit it myself-- May 4th. What you said about your recovery could have been written by me. I sure thought I would be a quicker one with it, but looking back I feel so proud of how far I've come and how much I've accomplished. I'm proud of you now too! Keep up the good work, and do go out and celebrate your scoli anniversary with your boyfriend-- he sounds like a great guy. Happy "one year" post-op!
    71 and plugging along... but having some problems
    2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
    5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
    Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
    CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
    10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

That is so great that you are doing so well. It is nice to see how as the time passes, you can start doing more and more. It is so funny how you take simple things for granted, like getting up out of the bed by yourself. I can't wait until I am where you are!
      Jamie Age 29
      Mother to a 6 year old daughter & an 11 month old baby boy.

2000 Curves - 28/40/32
      2008 Curves - 39/63/44
      Surgery Date - 3/25/08
      T4 - L1

63 degrees corrected to 15 degrees !

Comment

Congratulations on reaching the one-year milestone, Miranda, and continued success in the future.

How long is your fusion?

Chris

Comment

Working...
        X