Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rigo-Cheneau brace, Scroth PT - I need info, opinions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rigo-Cheneau brace, Scroth PT - I need info, opinions!

I'm fairly new to this forum. I posted in the Idiopathic/Adolescent section about my 14-year-old daughter suddenly having a 27 degree curve in the thoraco-lumbar area (don't know anything more than that....we have an appointment with Dr. Rinsky at Stanford Univ Hospital soon).

Anyway, several members in that thread mentioned the Rigo-Cheneau brace and Scroth Physical Therapy. I'm totally new to all this and am trying to get as much info on everything as possible before seeing Dr. Rinsky.

I would like to hear from anyone who has investigated these things, or has a child in the Rigo-Cheneau brace or has gone through the Schroth method.

Thank you!
    Last edited by NikkisMom; 04-19-2008, 08:44 PM.
    14-yr-old daughter recently DX'd with 30 degree thoracic curve. Night-time Charleston Brace started in May 2008.

Hi Nikki's mom
    I just replied to your other post in more detail. My 14 year old daughter was diagnosed with scoliosis in December 2007. She started wearing a cheneau brace on Feb 1 and we started Schroth therapy/training on Feb 2. We are pleased with the results, so please send me a private message - I'd be glad to explain everything we've learned so far.

Comment

I heart Cheneau Brace and Schroth Method!!!!

Hey!
      I am a 16 year old who was diagnosed w/ scoliosis at age 10. I have worn a Cheneau brace since I was 12 and it has produced AMAZING results. At its worst, my curves were 38 and 25 - this was in the Cheneau. As of April of this year, they are 28 and 11. Really, we are so greatful to Dr. Manuel Rigo in Spain for suggesting that I switch from the Boston to the Cheneau. As for Schroth, I did the PT rigourously for about a year during my growth. But, I am not the model patient, and don't do it as regularly as before. But, I do believe that the Schroth has taught me better life skills - how to stand, sit, walk, etc. It's focus is on keeping your back straight and aligned while out of the brace. I get my brace off in 121 days (who's counting? not me!), and I strongly believe that Schroth has better prepared me for that day even though I don't actually do the exercises every day!
      Hey, so I'm Rebecca, I'm 20 and I wore a Boston Brace for one year, and then a Cheneau brace for 5+ years. The Cheneau changed my life. I now am out of brace full time!!!! Its amazing. For all my scoli-girls (and guys of course) hang in there - the day you get your brace off is the best feeling ever. All the years of wearing it won't matter when that day comes. amo vobis!

"DUX FEMINA FACTI (The leader of the deed was a WOMAN!)"
      -Virgel

Comment

hi nikkis mom

my 14 y. old duaghter has been in the Cheneau brace for almost a year. It is a great brace. We also visited Milwaukee for the Scroth immersion therapy there .! IT was WONDERFUL and my daugher is doing her exercises nightly . I am a firm believer in do everything you can prior to surgery!!

Comment

Hi

Hi,
          Just wanted to ask if there is any orthotic clinic in the UK that makes the Cheneau brace?
          I know they make the brace in Germany, Spain, Switzerland, Czech republic, Poland etc. but haven't found any info on Cheneau that relates to the UK.
          Does anyone know why the Cheneau is not prescribed by the doctors in the UK if it seems to do such a great job?
          We might be going to Czech this Christmas to have the brace done for my 7 year old dauther.
          Thanks,
          Stana

Comment

Schroth/Rigo-Cheneau

Hi-

After trying every imaginable treatment and watching my daughter get progressively worse over the last 6 years, she started wearing the Rigo-Cheneau brace and doing Schroth at the beginning of this year. I can only say that I wish we had found it earlier. If you would like more information, please email me privately. I can tell you everything that we have experienced, and provide you will contacts.

Comment

Working...
            X