Back at School

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back at School

Hi everyone, sorry for not posting about the first week or so home, but I went back to school on Monday, so at least I can post about that!xD
    Well, I went back for the last half of school on monday, and have been going for full days since. The main problem is the seat back's aren't high enough to give me back support, so I love my Euro AP class right now because I sit against a wall. I leave my classes 3-5 minutes early, and sometimes a friend helps me carry my stuff (I have a binder, sketch book, comp books for notes, and pillow, not too bad, plus a purse to carry the utensils and such.)

I was paranoid about people asking about my pillow and where I've been and such, but it hasn't been that bad. Only one person has really pressured me with questions. It would appear that some of my friends weren't as good at keeping secrets tho xD. (I didn't want non-friends to know.)

If you're worried about being swamped with make-up work then don't be, I had a friend catch me up on math and some of my teachers were very lenient, and just gave me a project to do while I was out. The only classes I had to worry about really were alg, euro, and chem. I'm fully caught up in alg already, so I just have to work on 3 ch.s of term cards and 7 more chem assignments, plus quizzes and test for those classes, so it's really not so bad. Plus, I slacked off, I could've gotten all of that done while I was out, but don't stress yourself about it ^__^;.

It's soo nice to be back with all of my friends again! I kind of enjoyed being a-social, but it's nice to be there with all of them too.

I think the other problem with going back to school is that, I at least, seem to be more prone to slouching and bending a little, (I can't actually slouch, but I'm not being very careful) so with that and the short seat backs my back hurts a lot more. I ended up taking a full pill in the morning (I usually only take a half pill at a time) and sneaking a pill in my lunch box (heh I'm bad =P) to take then.

Take care and good luck with your surgeries and recoveries!
    Pre-Op:
    UT-35*. T-55*, L-30*
    16 year old girl
    Fusion- T5- T12 on March 17th 2008
    Post-OP:
    UT-27*, T/L-very straight : ]

Yay, Sanah! That's great that you are back to school and it's going so well! I'm really happy for you! Sorry about the chairs not being very good. Maybe someone will post some suggestions...

It's really good of you to share so that other kids can read how it's going for you-- and know they too can get through the surgery and start back to school ok, if that's what they're looking at in their future. Keep up the good work! Hugs, Susie
    71 and plugging along... but having some problems
    2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
    5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
    Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
    CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
    10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

That's great Sanah. You've had a very nice recovery. It should just be a matter of a few more weeks and the chairs shouldn't bother you as much. Sheena went back at 7 weeks and never had any problems with the chairs. Best wishes to you!

Comment

Working...
      X