Patrick at 11 months/ Pictures/x-rays finally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patrick at 11 months/ Pictures/x-rays finally

Can't believe it's almost a year ago already!!
    Ok so Patrick had his 11 month check-up last week and other then an initial scare all seems well. He will be clear for pretty much all activities in one month except contact sports for another year and, sadly, roller coasters for another 6 months (his physics class is going on a field trip to an amusement park soon, boohoo).
    The scare came when I saw the x-ray and immediately saw that his lumber spine has increased. My heart sank. Both thoracic and lumber are now at 31*, first "official" measurement I have seen. But the surgeon was happy with this and doesn't see the increase as progression just the spine finding it's new place and he was not concerned with the increase. I pray that he is right. So now it's another year before we go back again.
    Ramona

presurgery1
    presurgery2
    presurgery3
    postsurgery1
    postsurgery2
    presurgeryxray
    postsurgeryxrays
    mom of Patrick, age 15 at time of surgery
    diagnosed July 2006 curves T58 L 38

Nov. 2006 curves T72 L38
    also lordoscoliosis

feb.2007 curves T79 L43

Surgery May 16 2007
    fused T4 to L1

Such improvement It's great to see that the correction was good, my question tho: what's the post op curves? Im just curious. But either way, good luck in the long term future, I'm sure he'll get so much more enjoyment out of his straight spine post op then the pre op curvy one!
    Danielle
    14 Freshwoman
    December 1st got no head the boston brace
    Pre Brace Curves:18C 25T 30L
    In brace curves: (1/23/08) 16C 20T 22L
    In brace Curves: (5/21/08) 19C 19T 15L
    We're Bringing CURVY BACK

Comment

Thanks for sharing the photos, Ramona. I'm glad Patrick is doing well. The correction is amazing...these surgeons are awesome! Best wishes,
      Renee

Comment

Hi Ramona,

Patrick's x-rays and back look great now. Alexander's spine curves like Patrick's above and below his fusion. It freaked me out too to see that, and I worried that he would need another surgery to correct it. But the surgeon said that those curves were normal and good for keeping his fused area, and overall spine, well balanced and moving as much as possible (I think that's about what he said.)

Anyway, congratulations on his successful appointment. It's so weird to hear that he still has those restrictions at 11 mos. post-op. The docs are all so different. Our surgeon seemed to say that Alexander could do anything he wants at 6 mos. post-op, except contact sports which he should never do.

Take care,
        Laurie

Mother of Alexander & Zachary:
        Alex is 16 years old and in the 11th grade. He has congenital scoliosis due to a hemivertebrae at T10. Wore a TLSO brace for 3 1/2 years. Pre-op curves were T45 & L65; curves post-op are approx. T31 & L34. Had a posterior spinal fusion from T8 to L3 on 7/12/07 at age 12. Doing great now in so many ways, but still working on improving posture.
        Zach is 13 years old and very energetic.

Comment

Lookin' good!

Comment

Working...
          X