April, May, June 2008 surgeries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April, May, June 2008 surgeries

Here's a list I've compiled... I'm not sure if I have them all or not, so please let me know if I missed some, and I'll edit and add. Also, I'd written down dates but not levels, doctor, hospital, etc., so if you want anything added, please let me know. It will be simple to do. Same with your names.. Big hugs, lots of thoughts and prayers go to all of you with surgeries coming up!

April
    8th - Trishthedish
    14th (anterior), 18th (or possibly 21st) (posterior) - Dalmatica (Krysi)

May
    12th - kjungrl2's daughter
    14th - TnGirl07 (Brittany) - Dr. Mencio, 8 a.m.
    16th - Sharshe (Sharon) (anterior - 1st of 2 surgeries)
    20th - Ginger W. - revision (T4-L2) w/ Dr. Boachie, New York
    21st - Angelacross - surgery to correct 70º curve
    21st - iluvmath! (Katie) - revision (remove/replace hardware, re-fuse failed fusion area) w/ Dr. Tribas @UW Hospital, Madison, WI
    21st - Jennybear
    21st - Arn010's daughter (Amanda) posterior (T5-T12) Dr. Lincoln @ Kaiser Oakland
    23rd - Sharshe (Sharon) (posterior - 2nd of 2 surgeries)
    27th - briarrose (Shell) (T2or3 - L2) Dr. Fras @ Lankenau Hospital, PA @7:30 a.m.
    27th - terri watkins' son (Alex) - Dr. Lloyd Hey, 9 a.m.

June
    9th - Skoshi314 (Becky) posterior (T10-L5) @Oklahoma Spine Hospital w/ Dr. Alexander L'Heureux
    16th - Chihuahua Mama (Susan)- anterior (1st of 2 surgeries) T10-L5
    16th - Wishing (Rita) posterior revision (T1-L4, apical VCR@T7) Dr. Lenke, St. Louis, MO
    19th - Mags - revision surgery w/Dr Cree, Sydney at Mater in Crows Nest (CANCELED)
    23rd - Chihuahua Mama (Susan) - posterior (2nd of 2 surgeries)
    23rd (or 30th?) - ChrisWBS (30th if end up doing A/P instead of just P)
    30th - Amae28 (Abbie) (T3-L1) Dr. Lenke @Barnes-Jewish Hosp., St. Louis, MO, 6:30 a.m.
    Last edited by Susie*Bee; 06-23-2008, 08:56 AM. Reason: update...
    71 and plugging along... but having some problems
    2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
    5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
    Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
    CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
    10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Didn't we have the site fix the surgical calendar because I had to do this exact thing back in Jan/Feb when the calendar was non-functional? The point was to avoid a text list.

You know that anyone can add a person to the calendar, right?
    Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
    AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
    Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
    Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
    EMAIL ME

Comment

I know it's not necessary...

Yes, we both know we worked for the ability to access a surgery calendar. I had asked you to start that thread back then, since you had said you were keeping a list of people's surgery dates and I hadn't been. And yes, I know that anyone can access the calendar and add people. Several people have recently asked for a list in the threads. It doesn't hurt to see them this way too. Then others can add their well-wishes or thoughts, etc.

Corrected to 15°

Comment

It's your time, I guess. The only reason I used mine to build the list for Jan/Feb was because we lacked a functional tool.

Personally, I'd encourage people to use the surgical calendar we pushed the site to fix vs. continuing to use a homemade, redundant system.

As a programmer, I can tell you right now using 2 systems is worse than NO system: Synchronization is impossible, and you'll never know which one is correct.

If you're intent on reinventing the wheel every month, we definitely wasted the site developer's time with our request to fix the calendar.

But that's just my lil' opinion.
        Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
        AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
        Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
        Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
        EMAIL ME

Comment

Susie,

That was so nice of you to compile this list. You're very thoughtful. My name is Michelle, but my friends call me Shell. My surgery will be at Lankenau Hospital by Dr. Fras, levels T4-L1 (most likely). I'll schedule my surgery when I see my doctor on April 23rd. My surgery will most likely be the week of May 11th. It's coming up fast!
          Chemist, 30

1998- 18 degrees
          2003- 33 degrees
          2005- 37 degrees
          2006- 44 degrees
          May 2007- 47 degrees
          December 2007 - 50 degrees X-ray

Surgery May 27, 2008
          Fused T1 to L2
          Curve corrected to 15 degrees X-ray

Comment

I didn't even know there was a surgery calendar until I noticed the link at the bottom today! When I click on the calendar the only thing I had noticed was the birthdays. How caring of you to take the time Susie. Thanks
            CarolS
            68 degree right lumbar scoliosis, mild kyphosis at L1-2
            Anterior/Posterior Correction, T8 to Sacrum, Sept 20th, 2007
            Osteotomy March 20,2008
            Thrilled with results!

Comment

I'm learning about this forum and me, too...I didn't know about the surgery calendar date, what a great idea! I didnt' see where it was at the "bottom" tho, I'll look again.

Regardless, it was nice to post about those upcoming surgeries. I think very soon, one of them will be me, so I'm here to help others when I can know I've learned so much already! Thanks to all.
              Susan
              XLIF/Posterior Surgery 6/16/08. Fused T10-L5 in CA by Dr. Michael Kropf (don't go there unless it's simple, I hear he's at Cedar's now). Very deformed, had revision w/5 PSO's, rods from T-3 to sacrum including iliac screws, all posterior, 5/23/16 with Dr. Purnendu Gupta of Chicago.

Owner of Chachi the Chihuahua, So Cal born and bred, now a resident of 'Chicagoland' Illinois. Uh, dislike it here....thank God there was ONE excellent spine surgeon in this area.

Comment

Upcoming surgeries

Okay...help me out here? I can't find how to post an upcoming surgery that txmarine started.

Is there a sticky thread that I missed? Sorry in advance if I didn't do my own homework.
                Susan
                XLIF/Posterior Surgery 6/16/08. Fused T10-L5 in CA by Dr. Michael Kropf (don't go there unless it's simple, I hear he's at Cedar's now). Very deformed, had revision w/5 PSO's, rods from T-3 to sacrum including iliac screws, all posterior, 5/23/16 with Dr. Purnendu Gupta of Chicago.

Owner of Chachi the Chihuahua, So Cal born and bred, now a resident of 'Chicagoland' Illinois. Uh, dislike it here....thank God there was ONE excellent spine surgeon in this area.

Comment

found it!

I found it
                  Susan

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to do this! It means a lot. I put my date on the surgical calender a while back but now for some reason it's not there anymore or else i can't access it. anyways, My surgery is on June 30th at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis, Missouri. I am having my kyphoscoliosis corrected, and the tentitive levels being fused are T3-L1, but we are waiting on a new set of x-rays being taken in May. Thanks again!
                    -Abbie
                    aBbiE
                    22 yr old F,KU college student
                    Kyphoscoliosis...
                    Scoliosis (25T, 23L) diagnosed @ 14 yrs old; curves June 08 were 45T, 32L with 18 degree rotation
                    Kyphosis of 65 degrees...
                    I am missing a lumbar vertebrae

Surgery 6/30/2008 with Dr. Lawrence Lenke
                    Fused T2-L2

before/after pics
                    all smiles!

Comment

calendar info...

Yay, Chihuahua Mama, that's great that you are figuring things out! It took me quite awhile to figure out a lot as I had never been on a forum before... so if you need help, ask questions and someone will jump in and help you! BTW, Txmarinemom had made a thread with surgery dates listed, similar to this one, before we could post dates on a calendar. The NSF forum people gave us the surgery calendar that we can access. It just seems like a lot of people don't know about it yet or don't know how to get to it.

Abbie--I just checked, and your surgery is on the surgery calendar... be sure to go to the surgery calendar --see below if you've forgotten how.

Everyone-- some simple directions about the calendar... and please pardon the lack of technical jargon, but I admit I am dumb about computer stuff, but usually manage to find my way ok. In order to view or put dates on the calendar, you must be a registered user.

1. Go to the regular calendar page (it shows birthdays) by clicking "calendar" up at the top of the page, in the blue horizontal line.
                      2. Then scroll down to the bottom where it says "calendar jump".
                      3. Click on the side arrow thingy, then highlight the line that says "surgery and bracing date". A different calendar will come up-- the surgery calendar.
                      4. Down at the bottom is a box that has choices for "add new event" and select "single, all day event"-- choose your date, then add the info.

Of course, it can be used for posting bracing dates as well. There is also a calendar for support meetings, etc., that you could choose instead of the surgery calendar, if you want to post meetings.

The special dates entered on either of these calendars will show up on that date, at the bottom of the regular index page of the forum... just beneath where it lists birthdays, another box will appear that says "today's events"-- and the title of the event will show up... (on April 14th it shows "Dalmatica's surgery"... You can click on that and it takes you to the information that was written about that event-- in this case "Dalmatica (Krysi) -- anterior (first of two-part revision surgery)"...

There is an announcement that includes some guidelines for use that Joe O'Brien posted at the top of the adult forum page, next to his name. You can read this announcement at this link:
                      http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/announcement.php?f=69

If anyone is still confused, ask away-- or send me a PM.
                      Last edited by Susie*Bee; 04-14-2008, 11:21 AM.

Corrected to 15°

Comment

any news???

Just wondering if anyone has heard how either Trish or Krysi are doing? I've checked Trish's blog, but there isn't any update on it.

Corrected to 15°

Comment

updates

Just wanted to pass the word on-- I got a PM from Trishthedish -- she flew home Monday night. She said lots happened, and she is glad to have that behind her. I know we'll all look forward to hearing more from her sometime (hopefully) soon. She also said the dilaudid was making it hard to type...

I think there's been two new surgeries posted recently, so I'll add Ginger W. and Jennybear to the first post in this thread. I'll try to get more info from them.

Also--for them and a few others --Angelacross, Wishing, Chris WBS (I know you weren't sure of the date awhile back) who don't have their surgeries listed on the official calendar, if you go to post #11 of this thread, I've written out directions how to do that. If you want me to post it for you, please let me know. It's no problem. By putting it on there, it acts as a reminder to the rest of us on the day of your surgery, as it's listed at the bottom of the index page, under "today's events" -- just below the birthdays, in the "what's going on?" area. That box only shows up when there's something happening that day, so it doesn't exist most days.

Lots of surgeries coming up! Best wishes to all of you!

Corrected to 15°

Comment

added Brittany... anyone else?

Please let me know if I've missed anyone so far... I try to keep up, but can't always read everything AND remember!!! Anyway, I added TnGirl07 (Brittany) to the rather big line-up in the first post of this thread. And I saw she put her date on the surgery calendar... you are really on the ball for figuring that out so quickly after joining the forum. (OK, so it's me that was so slow...)

Briarrose-- do you know your surgery date for sure yet?

Anyone heard from Krysi? Or anything more from Trish?

Take care everyone!

Corrected to 15°

Comment

Hi Susie!

I just got back from my doctor's visit (Wednesday's appointment was canceled). My surgery is scheduled for May 20 at 7:30AM at Lankenau Hospital, PA. I believe there are other's with that same surgery date too. Dr. Fras changed my fusion levels to T2 or T3 to L2.

I can hardly believe this is happening. I'm scared. I hope it goes ok.
                              Chemist, 30

1998- 18 degrees
                              2003- 33 degrees
                              2005- 37 degrees
                              2006- 44 degrees
                              May 2007- 47 degrees
                              December 2007 - 50 degrees X-ray

Surgery May 27, 2008
                              Fused T1 to L2
                              Curve corrected to 15 degrees X-ray

Comment

Working...