what kind of tshirt for summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what kind of tshirt for summer

My 11 yr old disabled daughter is in the boston brace. She has a heavy boston t that she wears under it. She is very heat sensitive, do you have any ideas for us as to what to wear under the brace during the summer.
    Last edited by lidec; 04-12-2008, 01:08 PM.

Yes, you can buy very thin cheap camis at places like kohls, jcpenney, wal-mart, that sort of place, or if you want something thats going to last, I recommend Hollister Co, they have really nice racerback camis, and I have three of them. They're a little bit pricy but I have found that there is no holes in any of mine, and I've had them since November. Here is the link:http://www.hollisterco.com/webapp/wc...12646_-1_12552
    Ok, I found a few on here, they're more of a tank top than a cami, but that will give more coverage to stop chafing. Just look through, and I hope you find something good.
    Best Wishes
    braceyourself.

Comment

Originally posted by spine'[chicka]
      I recommend Hollister Co, they have really nice racerback camis, and I have three of them. They're a little bit pricy but I have found that there is no holes in any of mine, and I've had them since November. Here is the link:http://www.hollisterco.com/webapp/wc...12646_-1_12552
      You were these camis under your brace instead of the Boston-T?
      Daughter 17.5 (diagnosed @ 12 yrs) in Sept 2007 AIS
      Oct 2007: T-20, L-20 [160 cm]
      Mar 2008: T-24, L-24 [163 cm], started Cheneau brace
      May 2008: T-16, L-7 (in-brace) [164.2 cm]
      Oct 2008: T-23, L-15 (out-of-brace) [167 cm]
      Feb 2009: T-20, L-18 (in-brace) 2nd brace
      Jun 2009: T-20, L-16 (in-brace) [172.2 cm]
      Dec 2009: T-33, L-16 (out-of-brace) [173.8 cm]
      Apr 2010: T-25, L-12 (in-brace) [175.3 cm] 3rd brace
      Mar 2011: T31, L20 (out) [176.2]
      Jul 2012: T31, L20 (out) [177.2]

Comment

I have camis from everywhere, I still can't find which is best but I have this from limited too : (its really old) http://www.limitedtoo.com/detail/5446359?clearance
        i had it in white and mint and i had a white style with sequins as well, but the sequin one is ripped (understandable as it's almost 3 years old!!!)
        I have a few tanks/camis from old navy as well, i find only racerbacks work as the camis there are too low. I found this in girl's tho which mite fit your daughter: the rib knit tanks come in many colors and are 4 dollars a piece at 2 or more, they are cotton so a bit thicker but good quality and inexpensive.
        http://www.oldnavy.com/browse/produc...794&pid=536698
        (only problem with ribs is they leave small marks on your stomach, but eventually the skin gets used to it)
        also the knotted trim tanks are only 4 49, so that might work
        http://www.oldnavy.com/browse/produc...794&pid=554952
        The other place I've found is good is Macy's, my all time best cami but it gets hot.....(its black tho...:P anyway)I'll look in children's section...
        http://www1.macys.com/catalog/produc...xx.esn_results
        those come in fun colors and come in a 2 pack for only 6.98...whoa
        I hope I helped, and I hope your daughter will find something that works for her, I haven't tried the boston T yet, so I can't offer advice for that....but I hope you do find something If not you can do what I did, except buy a bbigger size. Go to Target or Walmart and buy a pack of white tee's theyr inexpensive, soft and breathable. THen cut the sleeves off, and you have a tube topo which can go over the top part of the brace and go undermeath yay! lol, hope I helped, happy shopping too!

-Danielle
        Danielle
        14 Freshwoman
        December 1st got no head the boston brace
        Pre Brace Curves:18C 25T 30L
        In brace curves: (1/23/08) 16C 20T 22L
        In brace Curves: (5/21/08) 19C 19T 15L
        We're Bringing CURVY BACK

Comment

Originally posted by 2kids
          You were these camis under your brace instead of the Boston-T?
          Yes. The Boston Ts are very uncomfortable to me, and i like thinner things. I also like things with very thin straps, because my brace tends to push sleeves in toward my neck, and then they don't stay under my shirt, and it really bugs me. I don't know, that's just my opinion. The ones that I have are not on the website anymore, but they are racerback with very very thin straps, and they were inexpensive and comfortable.
          braceyourself.

Comment

Yeah, in the summer boston ts are not very comftorable and can become very hot. I am also very sensitive to heat. I live in Alabama, and it has been warming up here. Camis work well, and so does under armour. It is very light weight and works well.

Comment

Thanks everypne! The way I see it, my daughter needs two types of camis. One to wear under the brace and another to wear over her brace to protect her new "brace tops" from getting those tiny holes.
              Daughter 17.5 (diagnosed @ 12 yrs) in Sept 2007 AIS
              Oct 2007: T-20, L-20 [160 cm]
              Mar 2008: T-24, L-24 [163 cm], started Cheneau brace
              May 2008: T-16, L-7 (in-brace) [164.2 cm]
              Oct 2008: T-23, L-15 (out-of-brace) [167 cm]
              Feb 2009: T-20, L-18 (in-brace) 2nd brace
              Jun 2009: T-20, L-16 (in-brace) [172.2 cm]
              Dec 2009: T-33, L-16 (out-of-brace) [173.8 cm]
              Apr 2010: T-25, L-12 (in-brace) [175.3 cm] 3rd brace
              Mar 2011: T31, L20 (out) [176.2]
              Jul 2012: T31, L20 (out) [177.2]

Comment

That's exactly what I do - I put a thin cami underneath, and one over the brace. It's the best method! :]
                braceyourself.

Comment

yep, tried and true, if only there was some sort of lightweight shirt that was like a slipcover for your brace, one material that went over and under But I can deal with two, just make sure you have a lot as you need to change often (ive heard) in the summer. Best of luck to you
                  Danielle
                  14 Freshwoman
                  December 1st got no head the boston brace
                  Pre Brace Curves:18C 25T 30L
                  In brace curves: (1/23/08) 16C 20T 22L
                  In brace Curves: (5/21/08) 19C 19T 15L
                  We're Bringing CURVY BACK

Comment

Thanks everyone for your input. I have bought some boys tank t shirts just to try. If it doesnt work we will try the camis. Shes a bigger girl and those are harder to find in lightweight material.

Comment

Working...
                    X