Just checking inn haha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just checking inn haha

Sorry if i worried yall! ive just been so busy gettin caught up with school and everything. But Im doin great still i have no pain AT ALL. weelll i cant run yet that still kinda hurts. but i can touch my toesss. :] and speed walk lol. havent started back swimming yet but i want to soon. ill just kick with a board or sumthing NO actual swimming yett. If there was any confusion about my dissmissal from the hospital it was the third day after surgery and my doctor said i was definitely ready. i went on a walk the second day, did the stairs the third and left that night. soooo If i offended anyone by saying this surgery was a piece of cake im sorry? lol i guess i meant to say its not as bad as u think it will be? and that you shouldn't worry about it. JUST trying to help nervous people out there OKAY? lol BUUUTTT personally getting my wisdom teeth out WAS 10000000(x) worse than spinal fusion. but thats just my opinion :]]]]]]]
    17 yr old guy
    swimmer
    55* thoracic curve
    42* lumbar curve
    severe trunk shift to the right
    surgery date: Feb. 26 2008
    Fused T4-L1
    Now Trunk shift is GONE
    CURVES less than 10 degrees!

Thanks!

Hey, swimbum, great to hear it's still going so well for you! I'm guessing you got my PM-- and maybe some others wrote too. Anyway, now I don't think anyone will be concerned if we don't hear from you real often. Just try to follow your doc's restrictions-- if he gave you some. That's so great that you are busy getting caught up with school and your activities!

Having also had my wisdom teeth out, many years ago, there is no way I'd agree with you on that subject. But we are all different, our surgeries are different, and so are our recoveries.

Keep up the great recovery-- and touch base with us every once in awhile.
    71 and plugging along... but having some problems
    2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
    5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
    Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
    CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
    10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Ah, youth.......!
      Chris
      A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
      Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
      Post-op curve: 12 degrees
      Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

Wow, that's great that you are having such a quick and relatively easy recovery! And you left the hospital on the third day?! That's great! I left the hospital on the sixth day after surgery, I think. I didn't have as easy a time as you did but it's amazing how fast your body is able to heal and adapt. Everyone's recovery really is different I guess. Anyway, congrats!
        Nicole//18 years old, college sophomore//50 degree thoracolumbar curve//Posterior Spinal Fusion in 2008, Fused T5 to L3

Comment

Working...
        X