Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connie is recovering...

Hi all,

I received an email from Leon, Connie's husband. This is what he wrote...

SHE IS DOING FINE WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE PAIN WHICH COMES AFTER SURGERY

Hopefully Connie continues to recover well. Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with her.
    Carmell
    mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

connie words

hi,
    i'm home its been 10 bad days...sorry to tell pain is bad..there are not enough drugd to give that will take a way the pain...mostly pinching shoulder blade hip pain.....hosptial bad over july 4th and de. made a mistake..i only wanted a thoroplasty with rib graft and only hip was taken....had 2 get over this ..hurts going back to bed 3 am
    CONNIE

Surgery June 28th 2004
    fused T4 -L3
    Hip graft
    Grown 1 1/2 inches
    25/o upper T 15/o
    53/o T 15/o
    37/o L 6/o
    Dr. Micheal Nuewirth
    New York City

August 6, 2004
    Pulmonary Embolism
    complication from surgery

January 2007 currently
    increasing pain at the T4/5
    point irratation heardwear

Comment

Connie, Glad to hear that you are home! I was wondering how you were doing. I remember those days of being up at 3 in the morning, can't get comfortable! It does get better! I'm still dealing with the shoulder pain, the doctor said that was very normal. Just take one day, at a time. I couldn't concentrate long enough to read a book so my husband would go and get me the trashy newspapers. They are always interesting! Hope things get better for you soon. Theresa
      Theresa

April 8 & 12, 2004 - Anterior/Posterior surgery 15 hours & 7 hours
      Thorasic - 79 degree down to 22
      Lumbar - 44 degree down to 18
      Fused T2 to sacrum
      June 2, 2005 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @L3 7 hours
      MAY 21, 2007 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @ L2, extended the fusion to S2 and added pelvic instrumentation 9 hours

FUSED T2 - SACRUM 2

Comment

so glad to see your post

Dear Connie:

Even though the pain is bad I was so so glad to see your post and to know that yu are home. 10 days - wow awesome girl and just think things are going to get better as every day passes by. LOL aren't I one to talk but I thought some positive words might help some. I at least was thinking that even though you are in pain that now things have been repaired at least the days of pain are going to be fewer where as before there was no end in sight. Take heart hunny we are all thinking of you and praying for a speedy recovery.

Hogs and Quiches

Nancy
        Nancy

Comment

love ya

holding in my breath cause the pain is bad...they are installing the hospital bed now as we speak..i felt the most pain was getting in and out and being comforting in bed...there are some weakness and numbness down my right leg and tru out my spine....what is very hard are thr nerve sensations.....your skin feels as if its on fire......nevers rejuvanating,.,...i think i will start a rew topic...about my recovery so i can help others
          CONNIE

Surgery June 28th 2004
          fused T4 -L3
          Hip graft
          Grown 1 1/2 inches
          25/o upper T 15/o
          53/o T 15/o
          37/o L 6/o
          Dr. Micheal Nuewirth
          New York City

August 6, 2004
          Pulmonary Embolism