Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Post-Op Appointment

Hey everyone,

So today was my 2nd post-op appointment with Dr. King. He had me go get x-rays, too. It was funny, I was in the x-ray lab and they had just gotten a brand new x-ray machine, so I got to be the guinea pig . The lady had to take like 5 different x-rays because she said my back didn't look straight... so she told me to stand up straight because it looked like I was leaning, and then I told her that the top of my spine still has a curve so I can't stand up straight . Anyways, my Dr. told me my x-rays do look good, but it does look like that curve is a little worse. But he told me to look in a mirror and try to fix my posture, but I told him it hurts every time I try. But he said I should really try to adjust my posture because my body isn't adjusted to the "new spine" so the top part keeps leaning to the left. He also said he would keep an eye on my thoracic curve, just in case. But so far, everything seems to look good . I really appreciate everyone's support!

Take care!
    [[hailey]]

16 years old
    Had spinal fusion surgery on Jan. 30th, 2008 with Dr. Howard King at St. Luke's Children's Hospital in Boise
    Pre surgery: 52º Lumbar curve and 25º Thoracic curve

YAY, Hailey!!! It's good that your doctor says your back looks pretty good. Hopefully that crookedness will straighten itself up on its own. Do practice in the mirror and get the idea of what "straight" feels like, even if it isn't comfortable. There's really a lot of relearning your muscles need to do. Hopefully that will do the trick. Did he say anything about doing physical therapy to help with that? I really think, for me, it was just a matter of working on it a little bit, but mostly just having more time go by. Anyway, glad to hear you are doing ok. Is school going fine too? Take care! Susie
    71 and plugging along... but having some problems
    2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
    5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
    Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
    CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
    10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Working...
    X