Colors And Designs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colors And Designs

When I got my brace in 2007, I was given a catalog of colors and decals and designs for it. I have a pink Boston Brace, but the catalog had cheetah spots, and tye-dye, and all sorts of awesome things. I wanted to stick with something that was simple and wouldn't show through my clothes. I was wondering if anybody else had the choice of cool designs and things like that. If so, what colors/designs/decals do you have? Just wondering. Thanks!
    braceyourself.

hiya well i only got DESIGN choices and about 12 of em....and i don't think it was a choice, lol it seemed like they were making me choose one! BUt i wanted one, anyways, i have a pic of my brace right here:
    http://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r...rent=brace.jpg
    hope it worked...lol anyway its pink red and orange polka dots
    Danielle
    14 Freshwoman
    December 1st got no head the boston brace
    Pre Brace Curves:18C 25T 30L
    In brace curves: (1/23/08) 16C 20T 22L
    In brace Curves: (5/21/08) 19C 19T 15L
    We're Bringing CURVY BACK

Comment

I think these are many of the colour choices for the brace transfers. http://www.bostonbrace.com/content/transfers.asp The brace plastic comes in white, but the orthotist can apply a transfer to create the pattern/design. Our orthotist showed a calogue of these choices to my daughter before he made her brace. However, she wanted white so it would not show as much through her clothing. The orthotist thought she would be disappointed with white, but she is not. She likes her brace as it is.
      Daughter 17.5 (diagnosed @ 12 yrs) in Sept 2007 AIS
      Oct 2007: T-20, L-20 [160 cm]
      Mar 2008: T-24, L-24 [163 cm], started Cheneau brace
      May 2008: T-16, L-7 (in-brace) [164.2 cm]
      Oct 2008: T-23, L-15 (out-of-brace) [167 cm]
      Feb 2009: T-20, L-18 (in-brace) 2nd brace
      Jun 2009: T-20, L-16 (in-brace) [172.2 cm]
      Dec 2009: T-33, L-16 (out-of-brace) [173.8 cm]
      Apr 2010: T-25, L-12 (in-brace) [175.3 cm] 3rd brace
      Mar 2011: T31, L20 (out) [176.2]
      Jul 2012: T31, L20 (out) [177.2]

Comment

i wear a providence brace, which is nighttime only so i chose a bright design!!! its blue with different colored butterflies on it!!! i luv it!! it sounds kinda little kiddish, but picking designs makes it soooo much more fun!!!

I'm bringing curvy back

Comment

You guys are luckier (that sounds like such a silly word for it) than we were in '79 ...

We got white ... and ... white!

It makes perfect sense though ... I totally would have done some garish design. There wasn't any way to hide it anyway, so why not?

Best regards,
          Pam
          Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
          AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
          Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
          Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
          EMAIL ME

Comment

Originally posted by ElleBelleCurvz
            hiya well i only got DESIGN choices and about 12 of em....and i don't think it was a choice, lol it seemed like they were making me choose one! BUt i wanted one, anyways, i have a pic of my brace right here:
            http://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r...rent=brace.jpg
            hope it worked...lol anyway its pink red and orange polka dots
            That is so cool! Polka dots are my favorite. I didn't get a choice for that, but still, that's awesome! And as for the blue with butterflies brace, that's awesome too! I had a choice for that one too, but I went with something that wouldn't show through my clothes.
            braceyourself.

Comment

My Boston Brace is optical illusiony!
              I wish I lived in a perfect world. . .

Comment

my doc showed me a computer with a bajillion disigns on it .i chose blue with butterflys.when i grow out of it im gona get the night sky disighn.

Comment

some...

mine had some designs to choose from, but the first time i got white (i only had to wear that at night, not during the day) the second brace i got this cool design of like pockets from jeans, and now my current brace is white. both my second and third braces i wear 23 hrs a day, and i've stopped caring if it shows through my clothes. i mean the shirts are tight enough that you can see the velcro straps on the back and stuff, so why not? also my friend (who is a guy) and i both have holes in our shirts from our braces, so everyone knows. i wasnt offered any decals, but i put stickers on it. i love it!
                  yeah, i wear a brace. what now?
                  13 years old
                  freshman in high school
                  braced since november of 2006
                  proud of my curves!

Comment

I didn't even have a choice of a color or design, I just got white. But I think that I would've gotten white even if i had a choice because then I could wear it with a white shirt. And I didn't put stickers on it or anything either.

~MONICA~

Comment

Working...
                    X