Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spinal (implants) Instrument

Hello all

Does anyone here have any info on the instrument called "Array" by EBI Medical Inc. My doctor said it's been on the market for about 3 yrs, and he's been using it on his patients for about a yr. Other than that, i can't find anything on it.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by mish; 07-01-2004, 10:01 AM.

Hi Mish...

I haven't heard anything about it, and a ssearch of their website doesn't turn up anything named Array:

www.ebimedical.com

If you get more information, be sure to let us know.

--Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Linda

I sure will ... i am a bit concern since he helps with the design of this new instrument.

I found an article he written. The doctor only told me it's made of titanium and it's been on the market for about 3 yrs, and it's one of the best devices available.
      http://www.spineuniverse.com/display...ticle2215.html
      I am not comfortable if i can't find anything on it. I will call his office for some additional info, and of course i will let you know.

Thanks Linda

Mish

Comment

Hi Mish...

That article talks only about a cage. Most scoliosis fusions involve rod(s), so I'm unclear about what your surgeon would be using.

You're smart to question something like this. While I don't think we patients normally need to get involved in the decisions about what type of hardware to use, when doctors have a financial interest in a hardware system, we should at least do due dilgence to be sure the surgeon has our best interest in mind.

Don't forget that you can always get another opinion.

Regards,
        Linda
        Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
        Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Cages

Mish,
          Hi, I had A&P in 2002. I had rods and also 2 "cages" similar to what the article shows. Mine were placed at the L3/4 - L4/5 level. The idea is that they give height or space between the vertibres that may have been lost because of your curve or due to herination of the disk. If you look at the article you will notice that they are all hollow, that is so bone (yours or donor) can be packed into the spaces. They then fuse to the vert above and below it. This is supposed to increase the strength of the fusion as well as maintaining a normal distace between the verts. Hope this helps
          SandyC

P.S. Had my surgery at UCSF
          SandyC

Comment

Working...
          X