X-Rays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-Rays

I thought I'd post this incase anyone else would like to do this but hadn't thought of it.
    Amber's surgeon let me take photos of before and after x-rays. They came out well both off the computer and the 'x-ray board' (one with the light). Every one who has seen them can't believe what they look like. It has really made people understand what she has gone through. You can really see the correction. 68* and 63* down to 15* and 20* and everyone can see where the rods are.
    Amber can't wait to show them to her friends at school.
    Cheryl.

Before sugery Amber had 'bending' x-rays done also some where they put her in traction, then took the x-rays. Has everyone had these or similar done?
    Cheryl.

Comment

Before going into my second round of back braces (age 11/12) when they were trying to see if they could push on any bits of my back to try and get some correction and to see how the spine moved, what degrees of correction in different directions, if there was any movement whatsoever etc , I had something much the same done. They had me lying on this board just off the floor, they tied these pieces of material (long bits) around my waist and there were two screens (for protection for the people) at each end of me. They then pulled in varying directions ie left focus, right focus, straight up and down. I asked Mum if they ever did any in traction, she said when I was first diagnosed, as well as the x-rays done the normal way, some were done in traction, because at that time, there was not a back brace bed (child sized or Adult, in Perth) to make back braces on so they were done on a normal clinical table. She says they did the traction to get a better idea on how to make the back brace the best way possible

Comment

They did Amber's this way to gauge how much correction they might be able to get and to see how much movement she actually had in her spine. She had done the bending ones about 3 times but the traction was only once. I was just curious if this was a 'standard' thing or just something that this doctor did.
        Thanks.
        Cheryl.

Comment

Working...
        X