new date finally!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new date finally!

I finally got a new surgery date. We had been hoping to be able to schedule in April but that was a no go. So I'll have the anterior May 9 and posterior will be the following Friday the 16. Both will be at Thomas Jefferson this time instead of split between 2 hospitals which we weren't real keen on.
    2 60* curves, DDD, left trunk shift, some rotation, rib and lumbar humps, annular tear at L5-S1
    surgery 5/08 planning fusion T3 or T4 to sacrum with iliac fixation
    Dr. Anderson at Rothman Institute
    5/16/08 ALIF L1-L5
    5/23/08 fused T2-sacrum w/fixation and I'm all Titanium
    6/4/08 open all back up to clean out for Staph infection
    (left open with just clear dressing)
    6/6/08 recleaned and closed
    3/30/2012 revision planned, broken rod and removal of iliac bolts

I'm so glad to hear you finally got the surgery scheduled! It looks like ours will be around the same time. I haven't scheduled mine yet, but it will be the week of May 11th.
    Chemist, 30

1998- 18 degrees
    2003- 33 degrees
    2005- 37 degrees
    2006- 44 degrees
    May 2007- 47 degrees
    December 2007 - 50 degrees X-ray

Surgery May 27, 2008
    Fused T1 to L2
    Curve corrected to 15 degrees X-ray

Comment

Yay, Sharshe!

That's great news. I know that was such a let-down to plan before and then have it canceled. And it will be so much better having both surgeries at the same hospital. Will you be staying at the hospital, or are they planning to release you for a few days and have you return?

Good to hear from you too, briarrose! So there's two of you for May already, and maybe more have listed their dates on the calendar. Best wishes to both of you in your preparations-- and of course, for the surgeries and recoveries!
      71 and plugging along... but having some problems
      2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
      5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
      Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
      CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
      10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Hi Sharshe,
        Congratulations on finally getting a surgery date. I live in NJ and I have a few friends who are nurses at Thomas Jefferson. They tell me what a top notch hospital it is and it's the "only" place they would go for their own treatment. You are in good hands over there!
        Lori

Mom to Christopher, age 17, Mark, 13, Heather, 10 and Michael, 8
        Chris had surgery with Dr. John Flynn at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia on December 12, 2007. He is fused T4 to L4.
        Dr. Flynn is an AMAZING surgeon!

Comment

Congratulations, Sharshe on your surgery date! Thomas Jefferson is a wonderful hospital! You are in good hands.
          57 yr. old female

50 degree and 73 degree curves
          90 degree rotation

Comment

Congratulation, Sharsh,

You will be in good hands.

We live in Bucks County, too.
            Melissa
            From Bucks County, Pa., USA

Mom to Matthew,19, Jessica, 17, and Nicole, 14
            Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

Sharon how long is your fusion to be. Dr Albert did my first surgery due to a scheduling conflict and Dr. Anderson did the second one. I was supposed to be fused to the sacrum but during surgery he decided to go to the iliac crest. I actually have a followup visit with him next week. I am happy with my correction
              surgery 9/06
              Rothman institute

Comment

Hi Dawney,
                My fusion is going to be T3 or 4 to sacrum with iliac fixation. Dr. Albert's staff had recommended Dr Anderson. I really liked him. Good luck with your appointment next week, let me know how it goes.
                2 60* curves, DDD, left trunk shift, some rotation, rib and lumbar humps, annular tear at L5-S1
                surgery 5/08 planning fusion T3 or T4 to sacrum with iliac fixation
                Dr. Anderson at Rothman Institute
                5/16/08 ALIF L1-L5
                5/23/08 fused T2-sacrum w/fixation and I'm all Titanium
                6/4/08 open all back up to clean out for Staph infection
                (left open with just clear dressing)
                6/6/08 recleaned and closed
                3/30/2012 revision planned, broken rod and removal of iliac bolts

Comment

Working...
                X