Osteotomy in One Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Osteotomy in One Week

Just thought I would let everyone know that I am going for an osteotomy to correct a tilt to one side due to the first surgery. I am not trilled about having to go through this again just when I am feeling almost human and can get out and about but hopefully it will be so much less pain than the first time. Wish me luck~~
    CarolS
    68 degree right lumbar scoliosis, mild kyphosis at L1-2
    Anterior/Posterior Correction, T8 to Sacrum, Sept 20th, 2007
    Osteotomy March 20,2008
    Thrilled with results!

God, I hate hearing about this kind of stuff. Best of luck to you and I'm certain it will be a much easier surgery.
    Chris
    A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
    Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
    Post-op curve: 12 degrees
    Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

Carol-- so sorry to hear you need this additional surgery. From what I've read on here, it should be a much quicker recovery and easier on you in general than the original surgery. I know you said in one week, but what's the date? I do wish you luck-- and I'll also be praying for you. Keep us posted when you can.
      71 and plugging along... but having some problems
      2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
      5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
      Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
      CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
      10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

March 20th.
        Out of general interest I should have mentioned that I donated 2 units of my own blood last time. I lost a lot of blood and had to be given 3 more units. They have just found out that I have developed antibodies to the transfusion which does happen. It isn't going to affect my health in the future but will make it much more difficult to match my type. I need to now carry a card at all times that lists the antibodies.
        For this surgery I am donating 3 of my own and also getting an IV ahead of time called DDAVP that will slow the bleeding. Hopefully I won't need any other units. Just thought I would share this.
        CarolS
        68 degree right lumbar scoliosis, mild kyphosis at L1-2
        Anterior/Posterior Correction, T8 to Sacrum, Sept 20th, 2007
        Osteotomy March 20,2008
        Thrilled with results!

Comment

Good luck!!

Comment

Good Luck!

Hi Carol,

Wishing you good luck and fast healing from your upcoming osteotomy. I also had an allergic reaction after each stage of my surgery when they hung frozen plasma because of some weird antibody reaction and it was very scary. Glad to hear that they have that aspect covered for you. We will look forward to hearing from you when you are on the other side.

Linda W.
            Linda
            Two-stage A/P fusion T6-S1 with lumbar implants June 12 & June 27, 2007 at age 57
            S curve 75+ degrees with kyphosis
            Now 45 degrees and standing 3 inches taller!
            Dr. Frank Rand, New England Baptist Hospital, Boston

Comment

Good luck Carol ! Positive attitude is a must. Hope to see you post soon after your surgery. Krysi

Comment

Anyone have any news from Carol on how things went?

Comment

Working...
                X