PDA

View Full Version : Pain with brace - normal???

scoliodancer
03-10-2008, 08:55 PM
i was just wonderin if the pain im getting is normal. i have been in a providence brace for a few weeks. i got a memory foam mattress topper, and up until 2 nights ago ive been sleeping through the night on that. the first night i put the tightness to the second mark (out of 3), i slept through the night as well. but the night before last and last night, ive had to take the brace off after an hour! i have been really sore too. is that normal??? what can i do to fall asleep??? help!!!

ElleBelleCurvz
03-10-2008, 09:09 PM
Its normal to have pain, wearing mine 22 hours a day its much worse, but pain is normal, and if you can't make it thru the nite mayb u culd try it looser, or try some aspirin, i had to slp w.o mine a couple nites ago due to extreeeeme heat, plus i was so hot i was shiver ing O_O not good, so I would ask your doctor but pain is normal with anything new and it may just be delayed...like how if you run into a wall lets sya...haha and it doesnt hurt for a minute, your body mite just be adjusting still but definitely try to wear it as much as possible :) good luccck :D

scoliodancer
03-11-2008, 02:37 PM
thanks! i got some tylenol pm to try tonight, and im gonna get a body pillow soon cuz ive heard those help. i'll let u know how it turns out! thanks again!

MeAndPib
05-24-2008, 06:45 PM
I have a Boston brace and it's hurting me a LOT. I'm getting used to it though.

scoliodancer
05-26-2008, 03:00 PM
hey! ive had my providence for awhile now! i get occasional pain from it, but its totally bearable! hang in there, it will get better!!