Omega 3 fish oil and pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omega 3 fish oil and pain

Hi everyone, I'm not really one to go down the supplement route, but I have heard of really good results from people using high dose omega 3 supplements for pain. I read about it on the zone diet website, and admittedly am really skeptical, but my dietician has had several people on it who have noticed a reduction in pain. It's all to do with reducing inflammation, so that makes sense to me. I'm on a relatively low dose right now because I haven't ordered the higher dose capsules (and don't fancy taking several at a time).

Dr Sears (the zone guy) is profiting from endorsing omega 3, however that aside there is some good research which he cites. I am reluctant to put this kind of product related thing up on the site, but I know how many of us are willing to try anything to reduce pain. There have been good results with people following the zone diet and reducing some pain related to MS etc, so who knows. The link to the Omega 3 section is http://www.zonediet.com/OMEGA3/tabid/64/Default.aspx I will try and find some information specifically to support his claim, I had found it before but I'm just on my way out. It's one of those things that you have to read up and make your own mind up about!
    1994 curve at age 13, 70 degrees, untreated
    2000 Anterior fusion with instrumentation T9-L2, corrected to 36 degrees, 14 degree angle between fused and un-fused thoracic spine.
    2007 26 degrees junctional scoliosis
    Revision surgery, 6th December 2007 T4 to L3, Posterior approach.
    msandham.blogspot.com

Thanks for sharing, nz! You're such a sweetie to think of everyone here. Hope you have a great day!
    71 and plugging along... but having some problems
    2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
    5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
    Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
    CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
    10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Working...
    X