Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The "real" t-shirt back, and walk tomorrow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "real" t-shirt back, and walk tomorrow!

We got our shirts in (or at least my friend Courtney did - and will bring tomorrow morning).

Time change in the wee hours means we're due at Sam Houston Park at 7:00 a.m. vs. 8 a.m. ... and walking at 8:00 a.m. vs. 9:00 a.m. Bleck!

(this also means I need to get up at 4:00 am vs. 5:00 a.m. to get loosened up and get all the Frankenstein moves and noises out of my system!)

My 18 yr old daughter's 2nd floor duplex (she and some friends were renting) burned around 1:00 a.m. this morning (she lost *everything*). Thank GOD they were gone to a birthday party, because it started in the attic directly above her bed ...

Life can change in an instant.

Anyway, I was up until about 9:00 a.m. this morning ... so off to bed in the next few hours. Just wanted to show everyone the finshed t-shirt back, and again - I'll take lots of pics and post a link!

Regards,
    Pam
    Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
    AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
    Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
    Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
    EMAIL ME

Pam--I'm so sorry to hear about the fire, but glad to hear that everyone's ok. Yes, Life can change in an instant.

Best wishes for tomorrow. I hope you're able to get rested up some in the meantime. The shirt looks great.
    71 and plugging along... but having some problems
    2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
    5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
    Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
    CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
    10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Pam,
      I am so so sorry to hear about your daughter's home. She's very lucky to have such a strong mom to lean on. Sometimes being a mom can be unbelievably tough, huh?

I'll be with you in spirit tomorrow. Congratulations on achieving your lofty goal. Please let us know how it goes. Go Team Pam!
      Becky, 46 years old
      Diagnosed at 13 with mild scoliosis
      Ignored until 448/07
      Left thoracic 49* T5-T11
      Right thorocolumbar 60* T11-L4
      Surgery Monday, June 9, 2008 Oklahoma Spine Hospital
      Fused T-10 to L-5
      14 titanium pedicle screws
      Corrected to approx. 10* YEA!!!
      Email

Comment

Oh Pam...the shirt looks amazing! I know you will do us all proud tomorrow. I am so sorry to hear about your daughter's apartment and her losing everything. I am so glad she wasn't home and walked away unscathed physically. Good luck tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you.
        Alicia
        Geish
        47 years old, dx at 13
        +30* to the right, +60* to the left, +30* to the right
        Surgery 12-13-07 - fusion from T4 to sacrum.

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...tachmentid=267 Pre surgery
        http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...tachmentid=268 Post surgery
        http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...s/DSC01091.jpg Xray from the side
        http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...1089-1-1-1.jpg Xray from the back

Comment

So sorry to hear about your daughter's apartment, must have been very scary for everyone, thank heavens she wasn't hurt. Please tell me that she had contents insurance!!!!!!!

Just looking at your post op pictures Pam - your only fused to L1 so how come your scar is so low down??? Elysia's is T5 to L1 and she is quite high up but stops down at about belly button level.

Great correction!!! You must be very pleased with that! I'll put Elysia's back photo up as soon as I get one without all the yucky bandages that are half hanging off her back (which she refuses to let anyone touch!) they're not even on the wound they're stuck elsewhere on her back!!!

Been sooooooo busy lately I hardly get any time to come on and read through all the posts! It's killing me trying to work from home and tutor Elysia with my eldest daughter in her 2nd final year of school!!!! She's singing out for help every dam night and driving me crazy! Since your daughter's 18 (Tarlia will be 17 in July) you know how these years can be tough!!!! Elysia is a breeze in comparision!!!

Hope you had a great day on your walk.

Hugs
          Del
          xx
          Elysia 16 in Feb 2010
          Sydney - Australia
          Feb 2008 Fused T5-L1 and 5 ribs removed.
          Dec 2009 - Crankshafting
          Dec 10 - Revision surgery...3 vertebrae taken down, hooks removed, at T11-L1 - screws inserted, fusion extended down to
          L3 using Pedicle screws, some rib removed to try to derotate. Praying for things to settle.

Comment

Originally posted by Aussiemum
            So sorry to hear about your daughter's apartment, must have been very scary for everyone, thank heavens she wasn't hurt. Please tell me that she had contents insurance!!!!!!!

Just looking at your post op pictures Pam - your only fused to L1 so how come your scar is so low down??? Elysia's is T5 to L1 and she is quite high up but stops down at about belly button level.

Hope you had a great day on your walk.
            Hey, Del ... I'll be headed to the walk in about an hour and a half. I'm ready!

They did have renter's insurance at the apartment from which they just moved (one roommate was actually still there, timing her move to college spring break). Coverage *should* carry over to the new place, but it's a group of 18/19 year olds ... I'm SURE their coverage limit was low, and who knows if they carried replacement value.

Now that we're past "everyone's okay", unless they ask for help, we parents are kind of stepping back to let them handle the admin aspect. They're about to have an eye opening experience, I suspect ... especially the fun (not!) of trying to inventory your belongings that no longer exist!

I'm confused about where you think my scar ends since I haven't posted any post op pics of my back (only x-rays). My scar ends almost *exactly* at belly button level.

(I know I can be odd at times, Del, but I assure you, my L1 is located in the same spot as "normal" humans - LOL!)

Seriously, give it a few more weeks to heal, and I'll post real life pics of my back and scar. I'll endeavor to find a better photographer than my mother! ;-)

I'll post after the walk with a link to pics from the day!!

Regards,
            Pam
            Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
            AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
            Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
            Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
            EMAIL ME

Comment

Hi Pam

Thank God your daughter was not at home when the fire started but it is still a such a shock for her and yourself.

Good luck with the run! I'll look forward to hearing how it all went!
              Anne
              Mum to Annessa, age 15
              53 degree thoracic curve down to 10 degrees.
              Date of surgery: 7th Feb 2008
              Edinburgh, Sick Kids
              Fused T4 - L1

Comment

Pam, I think I must have slipped myself one of Elysia's pain meds accidently!!!! LOL - I was looking at Geish's photo's and for some reason attached them to you!!! What a derrrrrr head!

Del
                Elysia 16 in Feb 2010
                Sydney - Australia
                Feb 2008 Fused T5-L1 and 5 ribs removed.
                Dec 2009 - Crankshafting
                Dec 10 - Revision surgery...3 vertebrae taken down, hooks removed, at T11-L1 - screws inserted, fusion extended down to
                L3 using Pedicle screws, some rib removed to try to derotate. Praying for things to settle.

Comment

Working...
                X