PDA

View Full Version : New brace??? READ THIS!!!!

scoliodancer
03-07-2008, 08:21 PM
hey! i recently got a providence brace and i have some advice on sleeping in a brace! GET A MEMORY FOAM MATTRESS/MATRESS TOPPER! Trust me! the first couple nights w/ out the memory foam topper (it hadnt come in yet) i wore the brace for like an hour than had to take it off! the first night w/ the topper, i fell asleep in like half an hour and slept through the night! so yea memory foam helps! try it! it works really well! ive been sleeping in my brace all night every night since i got the topper! so yea thats my advice! any questions just ask! good luck to anyone who needs it!

camurray63
03-08-2008, 02:36 PM
Hi scoliodancer,

You and my daughter, scolioswimmer, have a lot in common. She has a new Providence brace from Feb 19, 2008 and we bought a MEMORY FOAM MATTRESS for our daughter and what a difference! It was delivered yesterday. She slept on it last night for the first time. I now have renewed faith that she will be able to tolerate the brace and maintain/stop the curves. :)

-12 yrs old
-a swim team swimmer
-curves right now: 33*T and 30*L
-providence brace since Feb. 19 2008

scoliodancer
03-08-2008, 07:03 PM
thats great to hear! please tell her i wish her luck with her brace! im not sure if her orthotist did this, but mine put marks on the straps so that i know how tight to make it. theres a first, second and third tightness. after sleeping with it on the first tightness for a week, i put it on the second for the first time last night. i was still able to sleep through the night! so tell her theres hope! she will get through it!

camurray63
06-20-2009, 10:13 AM
Scolioswimmer only wore the brace for six months, now:

42T
36L
December 2008

48T
40L
June 2009

:mad:
:(

dancer101
06-24-2009, 01:52 PM
Hey! I heard the Memory foam works good. I am getting some memory foam for my bed. Hopefully, it will work out. I have a boston brace instead of providence brace. I heard it works with either one. Thanks for the tip!

-Haley :D

bracegirl
08-07-2009, 12:28 AM
haha i totally tried to convince my parents to get me one and so did my grade school principal! they wouldn't get me one! I didn't have trouble sleeping or anything, but man a memory foam mattress would have been soooooo nice! you go girls!

Bigbluefrog
10-20-2009, 11:30 AM
Kohl's dept store has the memory foam topper about 3 inches thick for $300 for a twin.

make sure you bring one of those coupons:p

Is that a good deal? how much are the mattresses?

Harp209
07-09-2010, 07:02 PM
I got a 2 1/2 Inch for a Double mattress at a Sam's Club for $89! Idk if the 1/2 inch less will make a difference or not. But I also haven't slept on it with my brace. haha actually, I haven't even gotten my brace yet. lol. But my mom read this thread and it actually got her to buy me one in advance so I don't have problems. Just wanted to tell you guys thanks! You really helped me win this argument with my parents!:)