Thanks to all who ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks to all who ...

... have helped by donating to - and offering words of encouragement to me -for the AIDS Walk 5K I'm doing this coming Sunday.

I wish I knew more you of you by your real names ... I hate not knowing exactly to whom I'm sending a thank you note!

You know you guys have helped me get roughly $100-$125 closer to my goal? I appreciate everyone's support, and it's so touching to know the pain some of you are dealing with - yet you took the time to help others.

Money, moral support, it's all the same. I just wanted to make sure everyone knew how grateful I am.

Our team shirts will have my corrected A/P xray (rods and all) on the back. The caption underneath will read:

02.05.08: Why Aren't YOU Walking?

I'll be sure and take lots of pictures and post the link so some of you can finally connect a face to the smarta** personality - LOL!

Best regards,
    Pam
    Last edited by txmarinemom; 03-06-2008, 12:02 PM. Reason: typo! A really horrendous one ....
    Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
    AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
    Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
    Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
    EMAIL ME

I can't wait to see the shirt! Good Luck on Sunday Pam.
    XO Alicia
    Geish
    47 years old, dx at 13
    +30* to the right, +60* to the left, +30* to the right
    Surgery 12-13-07 - fusion from T4 to sacrum.

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...tachmentid=267 Pre surgery
    http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...tachmentid=268 Post surgery
    http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...s/DSC01091.jpg Xray from the side
    http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...1089-1-1-1.jpg Xray from the back

Comment

Good luck on Sunday, lady. You'll do just fine, I know. The shirt sounds cool too!
      FeliciaFeliciaFelicia
      10/24/00 posterior fusion T4-L4 at age 57
      8/5/05 posterior surgery for spinal stenosis at L4-L5; laminectomy and fusion
      5/14/07 posterior revision with fusion to sacrum
      2/11/08 anterior discectomy L5-S1, and reinforcement of fusion with plate attached to L5-S1
      3/9/2011 and 3/11/2011 revision surgery with Dr. Lenke, St. Louis - complete revision and fusion with instrumentation from T1 to sacrum, one lumbar osteotomy.

Comment

The artwork for the shirt ...

The artwork on the back of our 5K walk shirts

No, it won't be pink - lol ...

Color separation before printing will make the lighter pink black (on black shirts) and the darker pink will be white so just ribs/non-detailed vertebra show.

Hardware will also be white, but separated from everything else with a black outline.

Too cool!

VIEW MY X-RAYS
        EMAIL ME

Comment

That is tooooooooo cool!!!!! What a nice tribute to you. Congratulations!
          Becky, 46 years old
          Diagnosed at 13 with mild scoliosis
          Ignored until 448/07
          Left thoracic 49* T5-T11
          Right thorocolumbar 60* T11-L4
          Surgery Monday, June 9, 2008 Oklahoma Spine Hospital
          Fused T-10 to L-5
          14 titanium pedicle screws
          Corrected to approx. 10* YEA!!!
          Email

Comment

Originally posted by skoshi314
            That is tooooooooo cool!!!!! What a nice tribute to you. Congratulations!
            Hah! We weren't a TEAM to start ... it was just me walking before friends started dribbling in.

They didn't really have a say so, so I'm not sure that makes it a tribute (mwah-hah-hah) ... they just wanted the team to match ;-).

Pam

VIEW MY X-RAYS
            EMAIL ME

Comment

Originally posted by txmarinemom
              Hah! We weren't a TEAM to start ... it was just me walking before friends started dribbling in.

They didn't really have a say so, so I'm not sure that makes it a tribute (mwah-hah-hah) ... they just wanted the team to match ;-).

Pam
              It's good to be in charge, isn't it? I can pretty much assure you I will never have my back (or any other part of me) on the back of a t-shirt!

I am so d**n proud of you! You set an amazingly agressive goal for yourself and you did it! Well, after Sunday you will have done it. Attitude, baby, attitude!
              Becky, 46 years old
              Diagnosed at 13 with mild scoliosis
              Ignored until 448/07
              Left thoracic 49* T5-T11
              Right thorocolumbar 60* T11-L4
              Surgery Monday, June 9, 2008 Oklahoma Spine Hospital
              Fused T-10 to L-5
              14 titanium pedicle screws
              Corrected to approx. 10* YEA!!!
              Email

Comment

Now we are all going to want shirts with are hardware on the back, you know that don't you?
                Geish
                47 years old, dx at 13
                +30* to the right, +60* to the left, +30* to the right
                Surgery 12-13-07 - fusion from T4 to sacrum.

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...tachmentid=267 Pre surgery
                http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...tachmentid=268 Post surgery
                http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...s/DSC01091.jpg Xray from the side
                http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...1089-1-1-1.jpg Xray from the back

Comment

Hell, the artwork for mine would probably pass for 1/2 the people on here - LOL!

VIEW MY X-RAYS
                  EMAIL ME

Comment

Good luck on Sunday - GO TEAM PAM!
                    mariaf305@yahoo.com
                    Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
                    Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Comment

Go Pam Go!

Way to go! You are an inspiration to the rest of us! I'll be thinking of you on Sunday.
                      You will be fulfilling your goal!
                      CSC
                      Idiopathic Scoliosis; Wore a Milwaukee brace; Told by physician it would not progress
                      S curve; Surgery date: January 29, 2008!!

Comment

Go Pam! Good Luck! You made me smile seeing that picture of your T-Shirt - yes, now Elysia wants one!!!

Can't wait to hear all about it and see the pictures!

Hugs
                        Del
                        xx
                        Elysia 16 in Feb 2010
                        Sydney - Australia
                        Feb 2008 Fused T5-L1 and 5 ribs removed.
                        Dec 2009 - Crankshafting
                        Dec 10 - Revision surgery...3 vertebrae taken down, hooks removed, at T11-L1 - screws inserted, fusion extended down to
                        L3 using Pedicle screws, some rib removed to try to derotate. Praying for things to settle.

Comment

Best wishes for a very successful 5K. You can do it!
                          71 and plugging along... but having some problems
                          2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
                          5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
                          Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
                          CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
                          10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Go Pam! Have fun on Sunday. Can't wait to see the pics.
                            Your shirt design is cool...definatly something to show off, lol.

Comment

Pam, I'll be thinking about you. You sound like you have the drive and determination to do the 5K.

As to real names, mine is Diane and I live in the DFW area, just about 280 miles north of you. I've got a daughter who has lived in Houston for about 20 years. I wish I'd known sooner about the event and perhaps she and her friends would have done it for me. She's an artist, a webdesigner, and loves street events and happenings.

Thank our Blessed Lord, that neither one of my daughters have shown any signs of scoliosis, but I didn't have my first true indication until arouind 1999 but it wasn't until 2001 that I knew something was wrong. I've also heard that it might be generation skipping.

I made a comment in a previous post about the BMP2. Using Google (as was suggested) (oh shoot, I use Google like people used to use the encyclopedias) I found two places that were complimentary to each other descriptions, so I combined the two and intend to impress my doctor on Tuesday. LOL (eyes rolling... oh yeah... he gonna be so impressed... the woman can read!)

But with all that, I intend to ask this question - if the BMP2 is so doggone good and impressive, why didn't they use it in any of my previous four surgeries? One of the articles suggested that it was extremely expensive and there was some s**t by the insurance companies to pay for it.

Back to Pam. Best of luck. Love the T shirt. My oldest daughter who lives here brought me over 3 mens t-shirts (previously used by her husband). This time when I start going out in public, I intend to wear the Tshirt (forget the bra) next to the skin, then the brace, then the clothes. I've reached a total disgust for wearing it on the outside of my body. No body ever told me or showed me the proper way to wear it, if there is one. But I got me some new clothes (I do that every single operation, isn't that wierd) and I don't want the new duds covered up).

Blessings to all of you, especially those who have surgeries scheduled in the near future. Even if Dr. Viere says he wants to go inside in a different way and insert some more of that BMP he's so fond of, I'm all for it. I've found we Scolies are some damn strong people!!! It's that ingredible internal strength and don't ever forget it!

Thanks for giving me the chance to talk to you, my peers, those who know the roads which have been traveled.

Diane
                              dianabana@tx.rr.com
                              (that's my real email... just don't spam it. LOL)
                              But add the word Scoliosis in the Header so when it goes into the spam folder, I'lll know it's okay.
                              Last edited by Diane BCSW; 03-08-2008, 12:58 AM.
                              Diane in Dallas
                              Adult Ideopatic Scoliosis (37%) and Kyphosis (65%)
                              Surgery #1 8/4/03 - Dr. Shelokov, Plano
                              Surg #2 12/8/03 - Dr. Shelokov, Plano
                              Surg #3 1/10/05 - Dr. Shelokov, Plano
                              Surg #4 9/10/07 - Dr. Viere, Dallas
                              Surg #5 1/28/08 - Dr. Viere, Dallas
                              Surg #6 4/27/09 - Dr. Viere, Dallas

Comment

Working...
                              X