Tush Cush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tush Cush

Does anyone use a tush cush - I've seen them in catalogs - supposed to take the pressure off the spine when sitting.

I was doing so well till I went back to work. Now I have a new pain and weakness in the left hip area. Especially when I try to stand from a seated posiition. At work I am able to alternate sitting, standing, walking but I am still "up" more than when I'm home. At home when I've had enough I tell my husband "I have to go and get flat for a while". I have not found a comfortable place at work to lay down.

Too bad we don't have the option to stay home and take care of ourselves till we are completely fused.
    Jan Lotherington,
    56* thoracic curve, 50* lumbar curve
    A/P fusion T3-Sacrum, Dec 11&13 2007
    at age 55
    Dr Bridwell

Hi Jan,
    I have the same problem with my left hip (I'm 9 months post-op today). For me, it might be something to do with the nerve damage I have. My tailbone is also really bad, which is why something like a tush cush wouldn't work for me. Take care of yourself.
    Best,
    Anya
    "You must be the change you want to see in the world."

Previously 55 degree thoracolumbar curve
    Surgery June 5, 2007 - Dr. Clifford Tribus, University of Wisconsin Hospital
    19 degrees post-op!

http://abhbarry.blogspot.com

Comment

Hi JanL,

I have yet to try the tush cush, but my physical therapist just recently recommended it to me(not for post-surgery comfort like you but for my pain from DDD and sacroiliitis). She informed me that they also sell them at Brockstones, which I'm not sure if you have one around you or not, but you are able to actually try them out in the store for awhile if you'd like and they seem to be cheaper then ones in catalogs. So it may be worth a try! If you purchase one please let me know how it works for you! Best of luck!
      Francesca
      Francesca
      19 years old College Soph
      Diagnosed: 6th grade (can't remember curve degrees)
      Boston Brace 2000-2002, 23/7...
      Curves reside at 35T and 33L
      Aug 2002: Osteoid Osteoma (tumor) removed from L3
      Jan 26.. diagnosed with slow progressing DDD and sacroiliitis.. get fitted for my new SI Belt on the 31st

Comment

I haven't heard of the tush cush, but from losing so much weight my tailbone stuck out, it became sore and red, my doctor was afraid I was going to get a pressure sore. I brought a cushion on the internet, I don't remember the name. The cushion has a U shape cut out in the back of the seat and it would take the pressure off my tailbone while sitting. Thank goodness I gained my weight back and I don't need it anymore.

Sue

Comment

Working...
        X