Only The Good Stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only The Good Stuff

Let's hear your "Good Stuff". We all have plenty of little things that get us down, but if you think about it, we have a lot more big things that keep us smiling. Help ease the minds of those with upcoming surgery.

Amber had her surgery almost 7 weeks ago. She is getting ready to go back to school. For the first time she got to spend her birthday (Today) at home and didn't have to go to school. She goes to school tomorrow and can't wait to show off her scar. She is looking forward to showing everyone the photos of her after xrays.
    Cheryl.

Comment

Bryan,

As a patient contemplating to undergo surgery, I would like to hear about the positive outcome of your surgery although you already said a lot of encouraging words. Want to hear from others too.

Lily

Comment

Good stuff

Read my posts; I got my life back at 60 from my scoliosis surgery(revision)22 months ago. I certainly would have been disabled from breathing impairment had I not done it.
        Karen
        Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
        Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

Comment

My mother had knee replacement surgery last year and I found her recovery much more difficult than my fusion recovery. I can't say that there is anything that I can't do as a result of the surgery. I was involved in most sports before surgery (even while wearing a Milwaukee brace) and couldn't wait to get going again after surgery. My wife, who I met in high school shortly after my surgery, says that it's easy to forget that I have Scoliosis or had surgery since it has no affect on our lives.

Comment

I had surgery five months ago, but at three months I was allowed to walk on a horse!!! Thats three months earlier than scheduled! I've got a long way to go before my riding skills will be where they used to be, but I'm just happy to be in the saddle again.
            Charlotte

48 degree upper curve
            L2 to T4
            Braced for 4 years
            Surgery 2/4/04

Comment

Working...
            X