Headaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headaches

Hi everyone... just a quick question. It's been almost eight years since my surgery, but lately I've started having headaches. Kind of regularly... they aren't super intense migraines or anything, but irritating nonetheless. Do you think this is back related? I've always been told headaches are a typical side affect/symptom of scoliosis patients. Just wondering if it really makes sense after all these years to chalk it up to scoliosis, or maybe it's something else.

Thanks!
    lisanicolegrace
    29/F/Canada
    Surgery - 11/10/2000
    80° curve to 19° post op.
    www.lisanicolegrace.com
    @lisanicolegrace
    facebook
    x-rays
    picture of my back

Headaches

Dear Lisanicole,

I have had night time headaches which have awakened me and which have been controlled with the use of a Bi-Pap at night. Please see under the Surgery Revision Forum and the Thread - Scoliosis, Restrictive Lung Disease, Sleep Disordered Breathing with Headaches. I don't know if these are the type of headaches your are experiencing, but the information may be informative.
    Best Wishes.

Comment

I have had headaches as well and have been curious to find out if it is related to my scoliosis. I have not had surgery yet. My doctor has not been quick to say that my headaches are the cause of my scoliosis, he just said we will have to wait and see after my surgery if they go away. I am really hoping for this because headaches have become a big problem for me in the last couple of years. I hate to hear that you have actually had surgery and are now experiencing headaches. I hope you find a solution to your problem.
      Jamie Age 29
      Mother to a 6 year old daughter & an 11 month old baby boy.

2000 Curves - 28/40/32
      2008 Curves - 39/63/44
      Surgery Date - 3/25/08
      T4 - L1

63 degrees corrected to 15 degrees !

Comment

Originally posted by JamieR
        I have had headaches as well and have been curious to find out if it is related to my scoliosis. I have not had surgery yet. My doctor has not been quick to say that my headaches are the cause of my scoliosis, he just said we will have to wait and see after my surgery if they go away. I am really hoping for this because headaches have become a big problem for me in the last couple of years. I hate to hear that you have actually had surgery and are now experiencing headaches. I hope you find a solution to your problem.
        My daughter had frequent headaches and I took her to allergist, ENT and neurologists. No one found anything wrong. I believe it was the scoliosis. She is now 3 weeks post op and has not had a headache since. Of course, she has been on pain meds so I will report back in a few weeks and let you know. But I would not be surprised if the misalignment was causing the headaches.
        Samsmom
        Mom to Samantha, Age 17

64 Degree Thoracic Curve
        42 Degree Lumbar Curve
        Fused T-4 to L-2
        Yale New Haven
        2/5/08

Comment

It might be worthwhile to look into whether the headaches/migraines might be food related. You can be sensitive to certain foods without being allergic. I have scoliosis and have never been bothered by headaches, neither has my son Joe. But my son Vincent(9 y.o.) started getting headaches around age 2-3, gradually increasing in frequency and pain. I took him to dr. at age 6 and the dr. diagnosed him w/migraines. She gave us a list of foods to avoid such as processed meats and cheeses, orange juice, peanut butter, chocolate....these things he was having on almost a daily basis. Once I cut out a lot of these foods I saw a big decrease in the frequency of headaches. If you look into it, there are so many foods that can be attributed to migraines. I just remembered, my son's 4th grade teacher was telling me earlier this year that she has suffered from migraines and found out that no, it was not student related but was from sensitivity to certain foods.

Best wishes to you...

Renee
          Last edited by flowerpower; 02-28-2008, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X