Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rod?

Hey everyone,

I have this lump at the top of my incision, and it has been causing me alot of pain recently. Could this be the rod? Has anyone else experienced this? Is there any way to stop the pain?

thanks in advance!
    [[hailey]]

16 years old
    Had spinal fusion surgery on Jan. 30th, 2008 with Dr. Howard King at St. Luke's Children's Hospital in Boise
    Pre surgery: 52º Lumbar curve and 25º Thoracic curve

I am sorry I can't answer your question. Maybe someone else has experience in this area. Meanwhile, be sure to show your Parents and maybe they can put in a call to the doctor.
    Melissa
    From Bucks County, Pa., USA

Mom to Matthew,19, Jessica, 17, and Nicole, 14
    Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

I have what my doctor calls a "protruding appliance" at the top of my incision. Sometimes it does cause pain. I asked my doctor about it and he said that he could go in and remove it, but that I might get used to it. We asked him when I could have it taken out and he said that he wants to wait until I'm a year post-op. It's just more of a discomfort at times but I think I may get it taken out. I'm not sure what it would be like when I'm older. Since my pain is not too severe I really don't do anything to treat it. It usually goes away after awhile. And now that I think about it it hasn't been bothering me too much here lately. This may be what you have or it may be something different. Just be sure to ask your doctor about it. Hope that helps a little!!
      17 years old
      Surgery May 22nd 2007
      John 3:16

Comment

Working...
      X