Quick update...we're still pregnant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick update...we're still pregnant

I just wanted to give you a brief update on the pregnancy. I'm 21 weeks now, the baby (another girl) is kicking up a storm and very healthy. We've scheduled a c-section for 6/16. Everything seems to be going fine at the moment. So, I have postponed the surgery for now. We'll get back on track as soon as I get my wits back! Wait a minute...that might never happen! OK, then I'll get back on track sooner than that!

Ann
    44 year old female
    Surgery on Nov. 1, 2010
    Dr. Darrell Hanson, Methodist Hospital
    Posterior Only, 9 hours
    Presurgical: T 61 Degrees, L 58 degrees, with 15 degrees of thoracolumbar rotation
    Postsurgical: T 26, L 25

Hi, I'm new at posting, but have been reading for 1 1/2 years! Congratulations on your healthy pregnancy; that is definitely priority! I provide a lot of care for my 17 month old granddaughter, so I understand about things getting back to "normal?"

I, too, see Dr. Shelokov and have surgery scheduled for 8/5/08, after a year of chickening out and denying! My curve is at 75 degrees now and I am going to have to do this before I'm too much older. This forum has been great to keep my courage up. I know there are a bunch of us out there, but this is the best way of finding and "talking" to each other, isn't it?

What did you think of Dr. Shelokov and Eric? They seem like the right choice for me. Best wishes on that new baby girl! What is her name?

Betsy
    Betsy

Age 54, Scoliosis diagnosed at age 13, never treated (curve minimal, surgery was not recommended)
    Thoracolumbar curve now 75 degrees, advanced 18 degrees in past 10 years
    A/P surgery, with fusion from T-9 to Sacrum, scheduled for 8/5/08 with Dr. Shelokov/Plano, TX

Comment

Hooray, Ann! Welcome, Betsy!

Ann- it was so great to hear all is going well. Keep us posted on that baby girl! And I would think it would be ok to put that c-section on the June surgery calendar...

Welcome to the "posting" part of the forum, Betsy. You probably already know many of us from our posts, and so much information garnered over 1 1/2 years! Glad to have you posting now as well.
      71 and plugging along... but having some problems
      2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
      5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
      Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
      CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
      10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Ann, I'm happy for you that everything is going well with this pregnancy. Continued good wishes for a beautiful, healthy baby. Happy birthing
        Renee

Comment

Thank you for the posts!

Thank you all for the great posts. I really appreciate the encouragement.

Betsy, good luck on your surgery! I think mine will likely be rescheduled for 2009 or 2010 - they like the baby to be at LEAST 18 months old, and they prefer 4 years old. However, my back progressed a lot during my last pregnancy. So, I'm sure they will want to get an xray as soon as possible.

I feel the same about getting this surgery done as soon as I can as my curves are not getting any smaller! I really like Dr. S, but don't really see him that much. Mostly, I've seen Eric. I saw Dr. S back when he was on 15th Street in Plano. His practice was a lot smaller, and I got to see him more. But it is nice to know that he has this new position with Baylor.

Thanks for the wishes!! We don;t have a name yet, but I like Cameron and Madeline. My husband likes Dillon.

My best to everyone on the forum!!!!

Ann
          Last edited by Houston Curves; 02-11-2008, 06:42 PM. Reason: spelling
          44 year old female
          Surgery on Nov. 1, 2010
          Dr. Darrell Hanson, Methodist Hospital
          Posterior Only, 9 hours
          Presurgical: T 61 Degrees, L 58 degrees, with 15 degrees of thoracolumbar rotation
          Postsurgical: T 26, L 25

Comment

Working...
          X