My Appoinment today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Appoinment today

Hi everyone just got back from hospital its confirmed im in for the op, but they dnt have a date yet just sometime in the Summer, cant waait although its my 21st on the 23rd July, so hope its not to close to that.

Angela
    xx
    Angela, 25 England.
    75 curve top of spine, and getting worse slowly.
    Surgery on 21st May 2008. T3-L4
    Op went well 20ish degree curve now.
    May need op in 18 months to remove rods due to pain, but might calm down when bone graft has healed, less pain now, just some shoulder blade pain, and a cold spot in middle right of back.

Hi Angela--that's always a really big step; determining that you will have surgery. It can be both exciting and scary at the same time. Hopefully it will be early in the summer so you'll have more time to recover. Keep us posted and when you find out the date, be sure to post it on the new calendar! That's exciting that you're turning 21 too. Just think-- 2 biggies in one summer! It's one summer you'll never forget!!!
    71 and plugging along... but having some problems
    2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
    5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
    Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
    CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
    10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Don't worry too much!

Hi Angela, I'm 22, just had surgery 6 weeks ago today, be sure to contact any of us on here if you have any questions or concerns!

Doctors and nurses can answer most questions, but I found that it's so good to hear it from people who've been there.

Roseann
      2001 T-sp 58* L-sp 55*
      2007 T-sp 64* L-sp 67*
      Surgery Dec. 21 2007
      Posterior fusion T3 to L3

Comment

Working...
      X