PDA

View Full Version : Sore Hip! Need Help! (spinecor)

The-Ezz
01-31-2008, 12:26 AM
hey, im in the spinecor right now... and the belt around the hip is really hurting my right hip. :eek: . if this has happened to anybody else before or if anybody has any ideas of how i can make it stop hurting, you'd really be a life saver! or maybe in this case... a surgery saver (hopefully!!) :)

p.s. ive tried padding and it doesnt really help :confused:

christine2
01-31-2008, 04:19 PM
Hi Esme

My daughter had a red wear spot just above her left hip. It took a while but now the skin has "toughened up" and it doesn't even bother her anymone.
Dr. Coillard gave us a pad that slides right on to the strap. That did help. I am sure if you called Montreal they will send one out to you.

The-Ezz
01-31-2008, 07:37 PM
oh sweeet! dr. couillard never told us they had a special kind of padding for that! thats awwesome! i'll look into that, thanks for letting me know :)

The-Ezz
02-05-2008, 04:33 PM
Any more ideas??

orthoman
02-06-2008, 03:56 AM
try to make your skin more resistant to presure, you can do that by using alcohol (( 70 % ) rubbing alcohol) don't rub it but 'pad'it on to the red spot of your skin, be sure that your skin is not damaged other wise it will hurt.here in holland we have something they call 'campferspiritus' i dont know how they call it in englisch but it has a better sent than pure alcohol. i hope you have some use of this information
stan

mpj
02-07-2008, 11:22 AM
My daughter had the same problem. We used two layers of mole skin on her hip. It stays on in the wash. We put it on when she first started with her brace and it is still on a year later.

Sarah

Allegra
03-06-2008, 07:39 PM
maybe im too late but its like my hip always hurts from the spinecor. did anything work for you?

camurray63
03-08-2008, 03:24 PM
Also, you can ask the Orthodontics brace guy is it is fitting correctly, scolioswimmer need to have adjustments made to hers.

The-Ezz
03-24-2008, 07:20 PM
thanks all....

but im not wearing the spinecor now, i had an x-ray and my curves went from 50's to 60's so im having surgery now... :(

thanks for the comments though :)