PDA

View Full Version : A lil' piece of history ...

txmarinemom
01-30-2008, 10:02 AM
Do *not* ask me why I still even had this, but here's the scoli guide I was given by my ortho (http://www.box.net/shared/static/3zsot864gw.pdf) (specifically for the Boston brace), circa 1978 ...

Regards,
Pam

Susie*Bee
01-30-2008, 10:29 AM
How long is it? I have dial-up (live in the boonies and nothing else is available...) and I started to download it but it looked like it might take hours. Not that I don't have plenty of time-I just wasn't sure if it was worth having my line tied up for that long. Let me know if it is... ;) I'm always ready for a good "read."

txmarinemom
01-30-2008, 10:31 AM
Ooooooh ... dial-up. I'll see if I can scale it down. It's full of scanned images, and I forget not everyone has access to broadband!

Back in a flash ;-)

Regards,
Pam

txmarinemom
01-30-2008, 11:23 AM
Let me know if you're still having issues with it Susie*Bee, and I'll find a may to compress further!

Pam

crepehanger
01-30-2008, 12:03 PM
I guess that was "top of the line" treatment back then? Thank God for our medical advancements. Thanks for that blast from the past, Pam!

Susie*Bee
01-30-2008, 12:11 PM
It's downloading now... will only take 6 minutes total, it looks like, so that's really good. :)

txmarinemom
01-30-2008, 12:40 PM
I guess that was "top of the line" treatment back then? Thank God for our medical advancements. Thanks for that blast from the past, Pam!

Yep, Lisa ... as far as we still have to go, we've made leaps and bounds.

I wonder how much of "The Guide" still applies to Boston brace wearers: I just remember how awful the "skin toughening" process was - and HOW important it was to keep that undershirt from bunching!

Regards,
Pam

MaryF
01-30-2008, 04:27 PM
This brings back lots of memories. I had a boston brace w/milwau. top bars for several years. Lots of memories of my father with the bottle of rubbing alcohol and a cotton ball. He didn't know how fast I was! That alcohol burned. I had a scar for years and years where a pad on the inside burned and I stuck things down my brace and scratched!! I don't think we ever got anything in writing about the brace. I sure hoped some things have changed!!

Mary
T-64
L-40