One sided back pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One sided back pain

I've got a left thoracolumbar curve, can't remember the measurements but somewhere between 15 and 25 degrees, and if I sit for a while it starts to hurt along the curve but on my right side. It's been doing this for years and I've tried seeing a chiropractor and it didn't seem to help. It doesn't really make sense, it seems like the muscles would be more stretched along the side that curves...anyone else have pain like this? If so, what helps?

Thanks!

i wish i had read this 30 min ago because i just posted the same thing. its glad to know someone else feels this. i to cant understand why my right side hurts but my curve is to the left.
    i would think with your muscles stretching on the curve it would hurt, not the other side. if you find out please email me at michelleseibers@yahoo.com

Comment

My daughter has a double major 35/31 and wears a TLSP for 18 hours day. She has been braced for one year and in the last 3 or 4 months has been experiencing right lower back pain. She has been exercising regularly up until some of the movements were painful. Mostly, forward flexion bothered her and really limited her range of motion. I took her to a man who has been doing massage for many years and who practices ART (Active release therapy) You can look this up online and get a list of licensed therapists. I would describe it in lay terms as an extensive active stretching of the deep muscles. He stretches and helps release these muscles. She has now seen him 4 times and her pain is completely gone. She has a much greater range of motion particularly in spinal flexion. I hope this info helps!
      Kim
      Kim

Comment

One sided back and front pain

I have one-sided back pain front pain and groin pain, the psoas muscle on the right hand side is swollen and sore which starts in your groin goes through your diaphragm and joins to your back just below bra level. My SI joint on the right lower back is also not well. From what I can gather a lot of these problems may be caused by the leg length discrepancy rather than directly by the scoliosis but I am guessing from my own body's behaviour. What I do know is we tend to stand on the shorter leg therefore the left side of the body will be stronger and the right side the muscles are more stretched and weaker so if you are doing normal activities ie bending forwards slightly, the right side of the body is already stretched and weak you are then asking it to perform equally with the left side and it wont, also your body will twist instead of going straight to favour the left side thus straining the right side even more.

This is in no way a medical or technical certainty it is a guess from how my body reacts.

Barbs

Comment

Working...
        X